Upholstery Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upholstery Questions

I have a few different pads and sections of the upholstery that need repaired on my 22ve and I would appreciate any guidance.

First of all I live in the middle of nowhere Wyoming so finding a reputable shop is sometimes difficult so I'm wondering if anyone has boxed up pieces and sent them away to have redone? My next question would be if I find a shop locally (within 150 miles) what are the chances they will be able to match it to the rest of the boat?? I need to replace a bow section, the outside border of the back seat (if that makes sense) and the walk through filler section on the sun pad.

Please let me know your experience with upholstery, what to look for in a shop and what to avoid. Thanks much.
    "Charlie don't surf"

Try recstation in spearfish sd. Might be a little further than you want though.

Comment

They do upholstery there? That's not too bad of a drive. I can always pair it with w trip to Deadwood.
      "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Chances of an exact match on a boat that old is pretty slim. Even if you had the exact fabric it wouldn't match the stuff thats been in the sun for 8 years. Best your going to do is get close.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
          Chances of an exact match on a boat that old is pretty slim. Even if you had the exact fabric it wouldn't match the stuff thats been in the sun for 8 years. Best your going to do is get close.
          That is what I'm afraid of...
          "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

The guy I use is Mitch at capital aphoslty and he has done a ton of boats awesome work and perfection is his game give him a call his name is Mitch 406-442-4280 tell him Corey sent you.
            surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by WYTige? View Post
              I have a few different pads and sections of the upholstery that need repaired on my 22ve and I would appreciate any guidance.

First of all I live in the middle of nowhere Wyoming so finding a reputable shop is sometimes difficult so I'm wondering if anyone has boxed up pieces and sent them away to have redone? My next question would be if I find a shop locally (within 150 miles) what are the chances they will be able to match it to the rest of the boat?? I need to replace a bow section, the outside border of the back seat (if that makes sense) and the walk through filler section on the sun pad.

Please let me know your experience with upholstery, what to look for in a shop and what to avoid. Thanks much.
              Where are you in the middle of wyoming? My shop is close to Ogden and you can go to my site and determine if my work is "reputable" www.re-viveupholstery.com

I would say next to impossible to 100% match. chances are they dont mfg what you have anymore. but we can get close as can most shops. My take just bring your boat drop it off and have us do the whole thing. you will never be happy with a "close" match most inboard owners cant handle things not being just right. besides alot of vinyl in that year tige and others used was not all that great. But we can custom redo your boat not a problem.
              2011 Tigé RZ4
              www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Originally posted by WakerideN View Post
                Where are you in the middle of wyoming? My shop is close to Ogden and you can go to my site and determine if my work is "reputable" www.re-viveupholstery.com

I would say next to impossible to 100% match. chances are they dont mfg what you have anymore. but we can get close as can most shops. My take just bring your boat drop it off and have us do the whole thing. you will never be happy with a "close" match most inboard owners cant handle things not being just right. besides alot of vinyl in that year tige and others used was not all that great. But we can custom redo your boat not a problem.
                We need a like button. I would just do the entire thing.

You can get away with just the horizontal cushions in a different vinyl, but if you start mixing and matching vertical and horizontal, it is going to look ghetto.
                Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm more north central, Buffalo WY, near Sheridan. Ogden is probably a bit far but I really appreciate the offer. Maybe I should time it with a trip to Lake Powell
                  "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

What's it cost to do a whole boat? Approximately.
                    "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by WYTige? View Post
                      What's it cost to do a whole boat? Approximately.

I sent you a PM. But I have no issues saying a whole boat can cost from 3400-5000.00 depending on what you have done for anyone interested. we tend to be under 4k for most full boats. Like anything just depends how complicated people want it and what quality of material you want to use.
                      2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

I was fortunate to find a good enough match to redo three of my cushions in an 02. It was a shop in St. Louis so not an option for you, but my point is you can still try and see if someone can provide a good match in order to avoid the full vinyl replacement. I paid $225 per rear corner cushion (x2) and a little less for a bow filler cushion.

Comment

Man, with trying to upgrade my ballast and redo some upholstery I'm going to be living in the dang thing. Oh well, we all know what they say about boat ownership. I might try my luck at the replacement option to get me by for a year or two before redoing the whole thing. I really need to upgrade the ballast and I know that won't be real cheap even with me doing the work.
                          "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

your more then welcome to ship them to me. I have problem matching to get close. just give me a call if you decide to use us.
                            2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

^^^Awesome, thanks again. She's in storage for now, but here in a month or two I'll get down there and get the pieces off and see what I want to do.
                              "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Working...
                              X