Need opinions on last few options for my 2015 Z3 ordering it tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on last few options for my 2015 Z3 ordering it tomorrow

I am nearly duplicating my well equipped 2014 and I'm on the fence about a few additional options to add.
    Z cline seat? I am 160lbs if that matters
    2 added cleats
    Shower
    Cockpit table with 2 cup holders
    Rub rail color,boat is primarily white and blue
    Kids want blue led speaker lights
    2 rev 8 speakers in addition to the 2 rev 10,s
    Transom remote

Of course I have the avx and other necessities already.
    Please tell me to save my money😝

I bet you would do just fine with the single pair of Rev10s (with sufficient power). I think Chpthrl had a recent post that the smaller auxiliary pair of speakers don't do much.

Unless they have massively improved with new engines (vs PCM), the shower sucks. Feels great when it is warm out. In cold water, our 2009 (with a closed cooling PCM 409) will not even spit out lukewarm water (on a closed cooling system).

I got the corner table too -- used it once. Takes up way too much prime real space. It has sat since 2009 unused.

I want a Z Cline bad. Extra cleats awesome. Transom remote necessary. I HOPE you are getting the Surf Bimini -- best upgrade ever. Heater? Everybody looooves the heater hose. LED is always cool and your kids want it (no brainer)!
    Last edited by Duncan; 11-07-2014, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I would do the upgrade seat we love ours and probably everything else on your list except the extra cleats and table. My boat is all white and blue and we did the stainless rubrail in the middle with the white on each side and it blends in perfectly, we have a transom remote as well and we rarely use it only because we use the Wetsounds 420sq as the main volume but still the transom remote is a great addition when your hanging out in the back for sure.
      surf till u die.

Comment

I re read ur post and I can say that I'm a terrible influence to the ' save your money line' purely on the fact when I ordered my 2014 rz2 I ordered it with everything except a tower camera and then did a massive stereo and ballast install after getting it home before it ever hit the water, at any rate you will love that boat and you will find there's a ton of people on here that you can buy all the extra goodies from at reasonable prices. Hope this helps.
        surf till u die.

Comment

2 extra cleats for sure
          Stainless steel rub rail with black insert.
          Transom remote
          Those items for sure. The rest are preferences. As noted above Chpthril posted before you don't really notice the gain by adding the 8's. Others may help on the other items listed. I just have my opinions and reasons for omitting them. I don't have and children. So I can't look at it the same way you would. Best of luck with your decision.
          I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

2 rev 8 speakers in addition to the 2 rev 10,s
            Either do 2 pair Rev-8 or 2 pair of rev-10, but not a mix. Theres a small price difference, so stepping up from a pair of Rev-8 to a pair of Rev-10 is not a huge leap. I would rather have a single pair of Rev-10 properly powered on a Syn-4, then a mix of 8's and 10's on a Syn-2.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You will regret not ordering those few extra items trust me.
              Yes on Z-cline
              Yes on mid ship cleats or you won't be able to tie to docks very easily unless you use the tower leg which I wouldn't do
              Yes on leds, rev 10, and transom remote a must again not much of a price upgrade here and add the SD2 amp to power them
              Rub rail in SS with black will look nice and easy to keep clean

I'm personally not a fan of the shower or table as its just one more thing to keep clean and takes storage area. Lay a towel on the seats for kids to eat works just fine as you can fold and shake off in water keeping mess out of boat IMO!!

Comment

Skip:
                Shower-Heat isn't good and honestly people just don't use them
                Table-like said above takes up a lot of space when up and in a locker stored
                Colored rub rail-not needed
                Transom remote-people think they will, but rarely used
                Tower speakers-I'd skip them altogether. Tige overcharges for them and under powers them(even one set) on a Syn 2. Get the tower pre wire and buy them yourself later and power them up properly and you will be way happier.
                Speaker Rings-Skip them with the speakers and do it yourself if you want them

Must have-
                Zcline-just plain awesome
                Extra cleats-Must have if you tie up at all

This is my experience having owned inboard towboats for 20+ years now and having talked with 100's of customers working for dealerships. Good luck.

Comment

add the SD2 amp to power them
                  So, SD amps are an actual Tige option? If, then yes, go with 1 or 2 pair of Rev-10 and SD-2 over a Syn-2
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

boardman74 makes a few good points, all 8 of them actually!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      So, SD amps are an actual Tige option? If, then yes, go with 1 or 2 pair of Rev-10 and SD-2 over a Syn-2
                      Sd amps are not a tige option but speak with your dealer so they will hopefully take the syn series off you for cost and just charge you the upgrade to SD.

As far as speakers and rings yes only do the pre-wire from factory and your dealer can order the speakers separately for way cheaper. You will have to get at least 2 tower speakers when you order the tower of power option though. Your dealer should mount and wire all the amps etc for you before delivery at little to no charge or at least mine did. On the other hand you won't get the factory "fancy" speaker mount covers on tower but who cares they look just fine without them IMO!

Comment

I would go with the 2 set's of rev 10's as other have suggested. and all the other stuff you mentioned....more options always helps the resale....

Comment

2 sets of REV 10s? My opinion is that is overkill and takes up way too much overhead space not to mention the added $$ of speakers and amps. Properly powered, one set is plenty! I have an older tower on my 05 and installed 2 Pro 80s and 2 Pro 485s and think the one set of REV 10s is just fine. My

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
                            Sd amps are not a tige option but speak with your dealer so they will hopefully take the syn series off you for cost and just charge you the upgrade to SD.
                            Are you sure about that???? Would you want to bet, let's say $50K on it?? Don't see why they wouldn't be an option, considering they come standard in the ASR!! Might not be on the option sheet but I bet if your dealer called the factory they'd sure enough have some SD's available. I was told anything they source can go on any boat. So from the factory you can order a syn 6 or a syn 2, but no syn 4 because they don't use them on anything so they don't have them. But since the ASR comes with a SD6 and a SD2 they would have those available.
                            Last edited by boardman74; 11-07-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Not saying the dealer can't get them from the factory but again I wouldn't want to pay the tige factory upgrade price when the dealer will be able to give them to you at a lot better rate! I guess I should've worded differently but they aren't on the options order sheet. Also think that I've heard the SD amps have to be ordered in the ASR also but may be wrong there again, maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the ASR can chime in and not that it matters as long as you can get them and are able to buy them at a decent price who cares!

Comment

Working...
                              X