Simple question, simple answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question, simple answer?

At the risk of sounding stupid: what does the small red light at the dash center signify on my 2006 24Ve?

The search button yielded nothing I could find.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

I think that lets you know when your acu-set has captured your desired speed.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Based on the description, I'm thinking oil pressure light. It's normal when it lights at idle. Should go out when under way.

Comment

Transmission oil pressure.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On my only chance to run the boat, it was on/off intermittently if I recall. What is the proper lighting/unlighting that I should see? Very peculiar little bugger, right there in the center of the panel by the fuel gauge with no label. I will snap a pic to be sure later for you if I can remember.

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Transmission oil pressure.

Comment

At idle speed, the pressure switch is closed, illuminating the light. This is normal as there is no load, so low pressure is ok. As RPMs increase, pressure should build, opening the switch and the light goes out. Every time you come off plane to idle, the light will come back on. If you are above idle and the light is on, that would indicate an issue with the switch or actual low transmission oil pressure.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              At idle speed, the pressure switch is closed, illuminating the light. This is normal as there is no load, so low pressure is ok. As RPMs increase, pressure should build, opening the switch and the light goes out. Every time you come off plane to idle, the light will come back on. If you are above idle and the light is on, that would indicate an issue with the switch or actual low transmission oil pressure.
              Thank you sir! As always, you know exactly what you speak of. I really appreciate it.

Comment

I was definitely off on that one. I thought there was discussion about a red light for the acuset speed control too, where is that light located?
                2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
                X