Boat Cleaning & Care Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Cleaning & Care Products

Right, I wanna know who uses what on their boat for cleaning and protection on the boat and the interior.

Go!
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

I got some boat bling that I have used on exterior--love it. Havent used interior bling yet.

Comment

Boat Bling Sauces-Hot sauce on the gel, Vinyl or Condition sauce on the interior.

Comment

Babes Boat Producst- Spot remover and spray wax
        303 Aerospace protectant for Vinyl
        Malco Leather and Vinyl cleaner

Comment

HD UNO Advanced Cut to get rid of oxidation
          Boat Bling Hot Sauce coming off the lake
          3M Polish for waxing
          303 protectant for Vinyl

Comment

I've used Babes, but for a daily spray/wipe down I like Hot Sauce the best. The babes vinyl cleaner is just as good as the Vinyl Sauce and the Babes vinyl conditioner is just as good as the Vinyl conditioner sauce, so they are equal as far as I'm concerned, but I have been using the Boat Bling products here just 'cause they are easier to get at local boat places.

The Hulu vinyl cleaner and conditioner works well at cleaning, but it leaves the vinyl a little on the greasy side compared to the vinyl sauce and conditioner.

The Hulu Polymer Sealant is a great exterior Gelcoat wax. I keep my boat in the garage, and wipe it down with hot sauce every time I pull it out of the water, but the Polymer Sealant has lasted my boat 2 years.

I just tried out the Performance Boat Candy Polish and Wax products, works great with a dual action polisher and the wax is a little easier to buff off compared to the Hulu product. I don't know if its going to last as long as the Hulu though, I'll know in a year how well it lasts.
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Boat Bling hot sauce
              3m Vinyl cleaner and prtotectant - I like better than the Bling vinyl products
              yact brite serious shine is amazing and safe on all surfaces - electronics, vinyl, paint, gel, glass, etc etc but very expensive.

Comment

Performance Boat Candy Speed Gloss
                Performance Boat Candy Crystal Gloss
                Griott's Machine Polish #2 and #3 with random orbital
                Performance Boat Candy Vinyl Cleaner
                Performance Boat Candy Vinyl Conditioner

Hands down best thing about PBC is their Speed Gloss is amazing with water spots and still smells great. Beats Babes by a mile. I think it is somewhat better on water spots than Hulu or Hot Sauce.

PBC vinyl cleaner and conditioner beats Babes and is about the same as Boat Bling. I stay with PBC to cut down Shipping (They have many free shipping or super sales through the year).

Comment

Another Performance Boat Candy fan. I buy it by the gallons.
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Boat Bling for exterior wipe downs
                    Generic boat wash for full exterior/hull cleaning
                    Collinite #925 for waxing
                    Babe's Seat Soap for regular vinyl wipe downs
                    Totally Awesome - cut with water - for deep interior cleanings (use a medium bristle brush) and follow with conditioner
                    303 Aerospace Protectant for conditioning/UV protection

Comment

Have used Spray 9 and Magic Eraser pads on dirty vinyl a few times in the past. Takes the crud out of the tiny contour lines in the vinyl very nicely. Spray again lightly and wipe clean with virgin paper towel after crud is loosened.
                      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Magic eraser works at removing stains because it's micro sandpaper that removes the outer layer of the vinyl. If you want your vinyl to last, don't use a magic eraser. And the areas that you used the magic eraser should be treated with a protectant to help prevent a worse stain that will require more material to be removed to clean.
                        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I use boat bling hot sauce on exterior after I pull off water each time. Shammy it and mist and wipe down with hot sauce. Interior stains easily removed with the boat bling interior. I have used hula boat care products and like the waxes and polish but think the boat bling works a tad bit better and comes in a nicer spray bottle that will last. Hula products come in a cheap small sized bottle. I Have wasted money on babes and wasn't impressed. Think they color water and put odorizer in it and call it boat cleaner!

I also buy the boat bling by the gallon.

do we need a group buy on boat bling perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                            If you want your vinyl to last, don't use a magic eraser.
                            I can speak with experience on this. Cleaned the crap out of our last boat with a magic eraser - looked great too! Then about two months later the vinyl became brittle and started cracking. Bad deal...

Comment

Boat bling hot sauce for wipe down. I actually use a knock off called Zip Mist. I think it is exactly the same stuff. Sort of like Kirkland brand Hot Sauce.

A good coat of every wax I have tried makes whatever you wipe the boat down with work much better. I use collinite and have found it to be great, but it seems that waxing your boat is the best thing you can do to make your exterior wipe down product work better.

For cleaning, I use Malco leather and plastic cleaner or Boat bling vinyl cleaner with a soft brush. All of the interior cleaners I have used work pretty well if you use the brush.
                              For wipedown of the interior, I use 303 protectant.

I have tried lots of stuff, and like what I am using now the best. I even used 303 mixed with water on the exterior and it works pretty well. A little streaky at first, but it works great, and the gelcoat will shine. I also made my own with distilled water, liquid wax and a touch of vinegar. That worked OK too if you are on a budget.
                              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X