Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Craft acquired PCM

From Planet Nautique:

ORLANDO, FL (October 20, 2014) Today Correct Craft announced it has acquired the companies who manufacture both PCM Marine Engines and Crusader Engines. The acquisition became effective on October, 16, 2014.

Correct Craft, the owner of both Nautique Boat Company and Aktion Parks, now owns 100% of both PCM Marine Engines and Crusader Engines. Correct Craft announced it has no plans to change either the management or the location of the engine companies.

PCM, manufacturer of the world’s best engines, has been in business for nearly forty years providing outstanding engines and service all over the world from its headquarters in Little Mountain, South Carolina. PCM is known for premier product, unsurpassed quality, leading innovation and exceptional service.

Crusader Engines, also manufactured in Little Mountain, South Carolina, is highly regarded as a premier manufacturer of engines used in salt water. This past year Crusader expanded their product offering with its outstanding new “Challenger” series of inboard towsport engines.

Correct Craft’s President and CEO Bill Yeargin stated, "PCM and Crusader are two of the top engine manufacturers in the world and we could not be happier to have them as part of the Correct Craft family.” “I look forward to working with the outstanding PCM and Crusader teams as together we look for opportunities to make their excellent products, service and brands even better. The future of both brands is bright!” Yeargin added.

To read more about this acquisition in Bill Yeargin’s CEO blog please click HERE
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Who is still using PCM besides Nautique? Seems like everyone moved to Indmar.

Comment

Well, iwndr if PCM will still be making engines for boats other than Nautique in the near future. It also makes me wonder if Tige heard any rumors about this and it was part of the decision for the engine switch.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I thought centurion and MB still use PCM.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

MB is now using the Indmar Raptor Not sure about Centurion
          Last edited by chpthril; 10-20-2014, 08:32 PM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Centurion is still with PCM. I doubt that CC purchased PCM to keep it an exclusive motor. Yes, owning production would possibly minimize cost some, but only if they can keep volume up. There is a lot of "coopatition" in many OEM industries where competitor purchased parts/components from another competitor. I don't think this will be much different, as long as other mfgs are willing to purchase from a company owned by another builder. Either way, I am pleased to have a PCM plant in our boat.
            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Could be anything. Maybe CC wanted some control over product evolution, so they could steer the engines toward what THEY want to see. Or PCM got into financial trouble and could be bought for a song, and CC figured why pass up a good deal.

Comment

The word we recieved was that the 5.0l and 5.7l are not being cast anymore and that there would be a void in this area, the current design 5.3l doesnt have enough torque to work well in boats so Indmar chose to go it with Ford who had a very good inboard engine in the past , and wanted to get back in this area, also keep in mind this is a very small market that GM probably doesnt care about, I know in 2006 when I was talking to a GM engineer he stated they cast 1 months worth of engines which last in the industry for about 6 years, so this is really not a money maker, Mercruiser is supposedly working on their own design and for now GM will still have the 6.0l and 6.2l , I would assume that GM will come up with a new series of engines in the future to advance their technology and this could change things but when .

Comment

Working...
                X