Potentially the Dumbest Cruise Control Question in the History of TO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentially the Dumbest Cruise Control Question in the History of TO

So, do I have SpeedSet or AccuSet? I hear SpeedSet is slightly better, although not ideal. I just want to know if I have the slightly better system or not.

Now, you may look at my picture below and say, "Uhhhhhhh, hey moron, it says SpeedSet right on it. Of course you have SpeedSet!" And I would certainly not fault you for that. In fact, I am inclined to offer the same answer to myself. I know it seems absurd. And you're right.

However, I have seen it stated on this esteemed forum by many with RIDICULOUS amounts of Tige know-how that in the year of our Lord 2006, boats had AccuSet. After 2006, they had the slightly better SpeedSet. Well, my boat is a 2006 24Ve with a panel that reads "SpeedSet." Now riddle me that!?

Thank you all for following along with me on this (quite) possibly stupid question.

IMG_4312.jpg
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

06 was the first and only year for the "Accu-Set". In 07, the updated to "Speed-Set" and included a digital speedo gauge inside the analog dial gauge. For an 06 accu-set warranty repair, the only touch pad available, was the 07 speed-set. The two functioned the same, so it was a plug and play swap. The only difference was, for the speed-set, they dropped the red led indicator in the center of the set botton because the 07 helm had a digital gauge that now showed set speed and actual speed.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So could I effectively make mine into a full-on SpeedSet by getting an '07 Speedometer? It seems like the digital set speed and actual speed would be useful information.

Comment

"My gut says that the control head is toast and will need to be replaced. The 07 Speed-Set is a plug'n play change out. It actually works better, just no LED to let you know it's set. Hopefully yours is still under warranty."

This is quote from you in 2009, chpthril. Did you also change out the speedometer? Or can you?

Comment

"When I replaced ours, it was world of diff as far as performance, just took a little re-learning, because the 07 Speed-Set does not have the LED, telling you it is set, like the 06 Accu-Set, because the 07 had the digi readout."

You also wrote this. Just trying to figure out if that speedo would do this for me.

Comment

O6 used a Faria gauge setup and the 07 used a different supplier, I think it was Medallion. I imagine this would require new connectors and a great deal of rewiring. I wont say it impossible, but its going to be as easy as swapping out the speedo head and tach head in the helm.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Damn. I am beginning to regret not researching cruise control options before buying an '06. I didn't know. Now I will have to make the best of it, I am pretty much stuck!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                Damn. I am beginning to regret not researching cruise control options before buying an '06. I didn't know. Now I will have to make the best of it, I am pretty much stuck!
                could always just move to perfect pass right?
                2011 Tigé RZ4
                www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Originally posted by WakerideN View Post
                  could always just move to perfect pass right?
                  Nope not with his engine package.

Comment

X2. Not with an MP in 2006.

Comment

The technically correct answer is not very easily with my engine package. Where there's a will there's a way, even in this case, but it is certainly NOT a bolt-on.

Comment

Working...
                      X