2014 rz2 swim step bouncy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 rz2 swim step bouncy

Does anyone else have this problem? When the boat is on land and you stand on the swim step it sort of bends and is bouncy. Yesterday we had the boat out and with all the ballast filled it Almost felt like the swim step was loose. It was very bouncy and sounded like it was moving. I check art the screws that hold the bracket to the boat and the step to the brackets and everything was tight but it felt like it was not with all the ballast full. Now I do have the vx and I'm sure that holds a decebt amount of water in it just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Also with the boat loaded with ballast the surf side of the swim step was under the water, is that normal?

I have the front filled, 400lbs total, then the back surf side filled stock setup, then had a 750 bag on the seat surf side. Had the offside filled with about 400 lbs, hard tank filled and about half of the stock back.

Had 3 adults and 2 toddlers on board and then me surfing

Originally posted by Bigdog0598 View Post
    Now I do have the vx and I'm sure that holds a decebt amount of water in it just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Also with the boat loaded with ballast the surf side of the swim step was under the water, is that normal?

I have the front filled, 400lbs total, then the back surf side filled stock setup, then had a 750 bag on the seat surf side. Had the offside filled with about 400 lbs, hard tank filled and about half of the stock back.

Had 3 adults and 2 toddlers on board and then me surfing
    Normal for swim platform to be under when ballast is full. The VX doesn't hold water, so not sure what you mean there...
    2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

There is another thread which discusses "bouncy" swim platforms. User Ewok found that his platform brackets had threaded holes on their bottom surfaces that allow screws to be installed that tighten up the swim platform in the brackets, eliminating this movement. I'm planning to install those on mine when I winterize (I felt the bottom surface and my brackets have the holes too). Both our boats are 2009's, so I don't know if your later brackets have this capability, but it's worth checking.

Comment

Are you sure the lock bolts are in where the platform slides onto the boat and where the VX meets the platform? Those platforms are pretty solid, you shouldn't here it slapping in the water like the floating R20 platform. Here's what to check. First remove your VX. Check where the platform bracket slides into your boat bracket. There should be 2 round bushings per bracket on the plat form slide that slide into 2 slots on the boat side per bracket. Then you should have a pin per side all the way at the bottom. Then you should have a allen headed bolt on each side that locks it down. This is what I am guessing you are missing. Then for VX to platform you should have 1 round bushing per side that slides into a grove. Then again one pin per side. Then there are 2 per side allen headed bolts that have a nylon locknut to lock it into place. If all that stiff is in place and is tight and you still have movement I would check with the dealer.

Comment

Mine's bouncy because I'm 250. Hope that helps
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

So I went out and looked at the brackets. Looks like there are 3 screws on the brackets. 2 that the step has u shaped brackets that go on and then 1 that is straight thru, it looks like I'm missing the middle parts, on the starboard side there is a thing in there that looks like there is threading on the inside and then on the port side it looks like nothing is there. More things to have the dealer check!

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
              There is another thread which discusses "bouncy" swim platforms. User Ewok found that his platform brackets had threaded holes on their bottom surfaces that allow screws to be installed that tighten up the swim platform in the brackets, eliminating this movement. I'm planning to install those on mine when I winterize (I felt the bottom surface and my brackets have the holes too). Both our boats are 2009's, so I don't know if your later brackets have this capability, but it's worth checking.
              A quick search did not find the referenced thread. Anyone have a link?

Comment

I think what he was referring to is the older boats with the "floating" brackets like found on the current R20. The new brackets are way beefier and are not "floating". They really don't move. The surely don't slap in the water. A larger person may flex them if they weigh enough, but thats more platform than bracket. Have worked at a dealer and dealt with a lot of these boats it's not a norm. Like I said above I think the OP is missing some hardware allowing it to move.

Comment

Hopefully Ewok will respond to this thread with a link. Not sure about "old" vs. "new" brackets, but the ones on our 2009 boats have a lower "hook" that drops over the bracket, and then you pivot the swim step up to horizontal to engage the rest of the bracket. Then, you install pins on both sides to hold the platform in place. Haven't seen the newer design so I don't know how they compare.

Comment

Working...
                  X