Pimp my Texas Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp my Texas Tige

Went to my first Texas Tige reunion held this past weekend at Bethy Creek Resort at Lake Livingston/Trinity River. Weather was sketchy with some rain off and on but we all did manage to get out in the water and have a good time. Big thanks to Tige and the guys at Texas Tige!
    Having owned a 2014 Z3 for only 3-4 months I managed to come away with the big door prize $2,500 to pimp out my boat. What a great company! And a great event! Not sure what else to spend the money on, I have room for 2 more tower speakers, already have wake9 bags so i dont need any more ballast. Maybe some LED lights? Have one LED surf light and 2 tower lights already, nothing on the speakers. I'm making a list.

Wetsounds 420?

LED lights in the boat, cupholders, and on the tower speakers?
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Congrats.

Before making a wish list, I would first get with your dealer and get a clear understanding of who is the underwriter of this prize. If Tige, you will likely be limited to Tige options. if the dealer is fronting the prize, your options may be more broad and include accessories he sells.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Agree with chpthril and like the idea of a WS420 or LEDs like talltigeguy as well! CONGRATS!!

Comment

And do you have the swivel board racks...aren't those like $2500 each all by themselves?
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I believe they told me anything the store sold, so maybe another board, ropes, jackets,etc.
            I'll look into the 420. If i go with 2 more tower speakers should they be rev 8's or rev 10's? Currently have a set of rev 10's.

Comment

Congrats SMCQueen! We were thinking about coming up to the Reunion this weekend, but the weather kept the family away.

Comment

Originally posted by Smcqueen View Post
                I believe they told me anything the store sold, so maybe another board, ropes, jackets,etc.
                I'll look into the 420. If i go with 2 more tower speakers should they be rev 8's or rev 10's? Currently have a set of rev 10's.
                From an audio standpoint, it is always best to same size, same type, as opposed to mixing. This is even more important when the 2 pair are going to be driven off the same 2 chnl amp.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Lights lights and more lights. The look of sweet lighting never gets old!
                  Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Thanks chpthril, I've been trying to read through all the posts on stereo upgrades. I like the tower speakers because it looks better with four. It does seem to need more bass. I'm Thinking two more Rev-10's, XS-20, and another amp? Does the 420 buy much other than ease of adjustment? I have read so many sub mods that its tough to tell what is the best bang for the buck. The stereo system is already WAY better than anything else I have owned.

yeah, i definitely want some more lights.

Comment

In the past couple of years, the OEM sub setup has REALLY been the weak point of the system for a couple of reasons. One being that the 4 ohm SVC sub is only getting 155W rms and 2nd, the new deck configuration under the helm has chocked down the available space for the woofer. Both are addressable with some minor mods.

The WS-420 not only gives you dual, independent EQ controls for the in-boat and tower zone, and no other EQ does this, you get 3 zone volume control, plus a master volume right at your finger tips. No need to navigate through menus to adjust fade to volume. Even further, Clarion does not offer fade through the remotes, only directly through the head-unit. The 420 also has a 5V line level driver. This improves the pre-amp music signal.

You do not need a new amp if you upgrade to a 12" sub. The Syn-6 will deliver 600W rms when a 4 ohm sub is bridged across chnls 5/6.

The Syn-2 will driver a 2nd pair of Rev-10 just fine, so a new amp is not required. But, they would not be driven to their potential. A Wet Sounds SD-2 would be the perfect amp to upgrade to.

Comment

Working...
                      X