Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASR Thoughts

It looks like the new ASR's are going to be somewhere around 110-130k

I have a 2012 Z3, I think I will like a new ASR, but for that price, I can just get a G23.

Decisions......

All things being equal including cost, G23 wins all day IMO. Proven boat. So much negative and questionable about the ASR would make me really nervous. Now if the ASR was 20K cheaper apples to apples, it might me worth the risk.

Comment

This idea has been beat to shreds in an earlier thread.

What are you hoping that the ASR can do better than your Z3?
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I like the Teak, I like the Tige Touch 2 layout. I like that the ballast are hidden and aren't in my way. I assume the surf wave is much better because of all the activex tech. They sure say it is, and the G23 does a much better surf wave than my Z3.

Comment

As always stated on this forum, generally very supportive people trying to help, 1st and foremost, get our and demo them both and see what one really give you what you want. Another thing to consider is the dealer - what kind of support will you get after the sale? Yes, it's a new boat, but they are all going to have some issues sooner or later and the distance to the dealer along with their parts inventory, tech staff and willingness to "go to bat" for you all play a part in your overall ownership satisfaction.

That being said, I would obviously go for the G23 over the ASR as I did. However, the ASR did not have the ActiveX at that time.

You really have to decide for yourself. There are some things in the overall design that we just did not like about the ASR that we liked better in the G23, but that was personal preference. I am lucky that I have what I feel to be an excellent Tige dealer 1.5 hours away and an excellent Nautique dealer 45 minutes away so my family wins either way

If you do get out and demo a ASR with ActiveX, be sure to post a detailed report as I am sure there are a lot of us waiting to see what that beast can do.

-Good Luck
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I am curious why you think the g23 has a better surf wake than your z3. The Z3 I'm has one of the best wakes in the industry. The G makes a good wake but I felt it is not as good as the z3. It is shorter and has a shorter lip and the front of the wake is rolled over unlike a Tige wake do boosting is not as easy.

I feel the g23 is a bit better layout than the asr. There are lots of things missing in the asr that really bug me and for the money it really should not be missing. The one thing that is not missing in the asr is the wake and wave. The Wakeboard wake is phenomenal. The Surf wake is also spectacular. The ASR also handles better than any tige boats I have ever driven. Even fully loaded it drives so nice at Wakeboard speed.

The ASR we had for the weekend was a 14 and had the VX. We played with and with out the VX and each made a good wake. Just when we played with the VX we were battling 40 mph winds which was destroying the face.

I would test them all back to back. The z3 loaded right makes a remarkable wave for surfing. The ASR is more ocean like though and has push into the flats even where the z3 does not. However the z3 has more speed down the line. So for experienced surfers doing big tricks the z3 is best. For a wave that is incredibly fun and has power to surf anyone with tons of forgiveness than the asr might be a better choice since it offers ability to surf perpendicular to the wave instead of just longitudinal.

My experiences anyway. I read lots of bad things about the asr and boy was I surprised when I actually got hold of one. I was not disappointed in its ability to make any sort of wave.
            Attached Files
            2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
            2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

G23 I would agree has the best wake I have ridden. Not in a million years would I spend the same money on a ASR that I can get a g23 for the exact same price... i get more with the g23 than the tige... NNS works great

I still think the rz2 wake is better than the z3
              www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
              http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

I have two z3 owners that surf my boat. Both say my wave is better. Both have more then stock weight and spent time dialing it in. I never got a chance to try it though. I surf a g23 a lot. Fun boat, much different wave.
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I had the chance to spend a couple of hours on an ASR this past weekend at the Texas Tge Reunion. I have owned a '14Z3 since mid summer. I am no expert by any means but the two boats are completely different machines. The ASR seams huge compared to the Z3. Completely different feel. The ASR is much better fitted with hardware and detail, but for the price I would expect so. We had a great demo by one of the wakeboard pros. The wakeboard wake is huge and seemed easy to set up. We all had a chance to surf behind the ASR. The wave is big and the other guys seem very pleased. I don't think the wave was as good as my Z3 with wake9 bags. ASR didn't seem to have as much push and needed to surf very close to the boat compared to my Z3, but again, I am really new to this. The Raptor engine was very strong and sounded great. All in all, as nice as the the ASR is, I think I prefer my Z3. The ASR just has a really big boat feel to it. Not sure that is for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Smcqueen View Post
                    We all had a chance to surf behind the ASR. The wave is big and the other guys seem very pleased. I don't think the wave was as good as my Z3 with wake9 bags. ASR didn't seem to have as much push and needed to surf very close to the boat compared to my Z3,.
                    What was the ASR's ballast setup?
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I believe it was factory setup with surf x. I did not ask. It was a new demo boat.

Comment

Not to many ASR vids out there, but I found this.
                        https://vimeo.com/103972445
                        2000 21V Fox Riders Edition
                        2007 Chevy Duramax crew cab short bed

Comment

Working...
                        X