Surf Bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf Bimini

Wanted to find out if the surf Bimini is worth the upgrade on the Z3 if you guys use it?

If you have glassed,foam core boards I feel it is truly a MUST HAVE. Compression boards and wakeboards are safe in the racks, but the glassed, form core boards will dent up in the racks. In addition to keeping your high-end boards in better condition it provides space for 2 more boards. Granted, this only pertains if you actually put up your bimini top .
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

must must have. if you use your bimini.

Comment

Must have....

Comment

I had a local upholstery shop add two pockets into ours. It was only $200 for material and labor. I thought it was reasonable. I use it all the time for our IS and Soul Craft boards. A must have!
          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

I agree with booms a local canvas shop will be cheaper than ordering one with the boat.

Comment

100% worth every penny! wouldn't order without

Comment

^^^ X2

Comment

I love mine but be carful leaving boards in the sleeves in the sun for long periods. I had to have a brigade Zulu redone because I left it in the sleeve to long and the heat got to it. But I will say its a must have it really saves space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only problem I have with my surf Bimini is that I keep trying to fold up the surf boards when I take down the Bimini.

Comment

gibbs - purchase some of the cloth surf socks then put your boards up there. I have been using them for 3 seasons now and have not had one issue with my boards. I happen to get lucky and found some with the same colors as the boat.image.jpg
                      A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

Originally posted by ddutcher View Post
                        gibbs - purchase some of the cloth surf socks then put your boards up there. I have been using them for 3 seasons now and have not had one issue with my boards. I happen to get lucky and found some with the same colors as the boat.
                        X2. Surf socks are awesome and we use them up top.

Comment

Can the surf socks be used to store the board instead of the pockets on a surf bimini? If so, what do you use to keep them strapped down to the bimini?

Comment

Originally posted by scr120 View Post
                            Can the surf socks be used to store the board instead of the pockets on a surf bimini? If so, what do you use to keep them strapped down to the bimini?
                            The surf socks are a terry cloth bag so there is nothing to strap them down with. I guess you could rig something up but to be honest the surf pockets work perfectly and look good.
                            A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

I want to have a local tent/awning shop sew pockets in my bimini top similar to Booms .... any advice on design, regrets like 'if i could do it over again, i would .... ' I'm thinking a heavy duty mesh (so not to trap water) that would hold the front thrid/half of the boards, and then some kind of safety strap for the rear of the boards near the fins. Also considered reinforcing the bimini with a second layer of material where the boards might wear on the bimini, but not sre where those areas might be ... any advice will help! Also any consideration for the boards gettin in the way of the rope? I've got a 2014 R20 with Vector tower .....

IMG_2962.jpg
                              Last edited by SurfTN; 01-21-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X