2013 Z1 need stereo help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Z1 need stereo help!

ok so i have a 2013 Z1 with 4 speakers on the tower and all the speakers in the boat, the stereo doesn't seem to sound that great and not a lot of sound coming from the speakers in the boat, i tried to adjust the setting on the two amps in the boat, but I'm not sure if i made it better possible worse i am not a electronics connoisseur so i need some good direction.

hi,I am the same way with electronics. i just posted a similar issue in the General Stereo section and got some great advise. Please see this thread and good luck! http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...h-Amp-settings

Comment

GBNY,

Lets start by making sure you have the factory 6 in-boats and 10" sub on the Syn-6 and 4 towers on the Syn-2? or Syn-4? What tower speakers.The factory installed Wet Sounds amps are typically pre-set where they need to be, but getting them back to where they were is not to bad.

Now, tell me about the source or sources you are using for your music. This is often the root of low output and poor sound quality. i would also make sure that the head-unit internal EQ settings are set to flat or centered, no presets like rock, jazz, soul, etc, and things like "Loudness" are off.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hate to sound so ignorant but I'm not sure what I have.

Comment

image.jpg
          i am getting sound from my iPhone through the bluetooth. thanks for the help!!
          Last edited by GBNY; 08-21-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GBNY View Post
            [ATTACH]38256[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38256[/ATTACH]
            Hate to sound so ignorant but I'm not sure what I have.
            This pick isnt opening
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

image.jpg
              at this point if you would help from step one cause i think i have adjusted every button and definitely not in the right direction #inovermyhead

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Wake View Post
                hi,I am the same way with electronics. i just posted a similar issue in the General Stereo section and got some great advise. Please see this thread and good luck! http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...h-Amp-settings
                [ATTACH]38259[/ATTACH]
                at this point if you would help from step one cause i think i have adjusted every button and definitely not in the right direction #inovermyhead
                The post that Bay Wake linked to above, outlines exactly how to set up the Syn-2, which is the smaller of the two in your pic.

The other amp is the Syn-6. Its way more involved being a 6 chnl amp. I have the procedure for it in an email. Let me see if i can dig that up and copy/past it to a private message to you.

Comment

thanks for the help!!!!! also how do i tell what 80% is on the volume, the tige touch just goes up in numbers doesn't show what the max would be

Comment

thanks for the help!!!!! also how do i tell what 80% is on the volume, the tige touch just goes up in numbers doesn't show what the max would be
                    What ever the head-unit volume level number stops at is 100% volume. From that, calculate 80%.

Comment

chpthril, can you send me that email as well? I have the same set up and I was considering tweaking some settings. I noticed that the sub was not hitting very hard at all, I assume it is connected to this Syn-6, can you increase the output going directly to the sub on top of just using the dial under the dash? I have a 2012 Z3, yesterday all of a sudden all of the speakers started making a fuzzy, feedback type noise. I disconnected and reconnected all of the RCAs hoping to fix it, but didn't find the issue. I am going to give the batteries a charge and see if that addresses it, any ideas on next steps? Thanks for your help!

Comment

You can bridge the sub very easily on the SYN6 and increase its power by 4X. However you also need to open up the cavity where the sub is sitting. I detailed all of this in this thread:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Projects/page8

As for your noise issue - charging the batteries is the best first step.

Comment

Awesome, thanks JohnnieMo!

Comment

Originally posted by snows56 View Post
                            chpthril, can you send me that email as well? I have the same set up and I was considering tweaking some settings. I noticed that the sub was not hitting very hard at all, I assume it is connected to this Syn-6, can you increase the output going directly to the sub on top of just using the dial under the dash? I have a 2012 Z3, yesterday all of a sudden all of the speakers started making a fuzzy, feedback type noise. I disconnected and reconnected all of the RCAs hoping to fix it, but didn't find the issue. I am going to give the batteries a charge and see if that addresses it, any ideas on next steps? Thanks for your help!
                            yes, we can address the sub output. Ill send you a PM.

If the noise returns, try to detect if its all the speakers or just the towers or just the in-boats. next, change modes to CD, SAT, Tuner, USB, etc, to see if its present on other modes or just the original source.

The link J-Mo posted about opening the back of the woofer cavity up is important. A quick was to tell if you need to do it, is open bow seat back in front of the helm. If the back of the woofer is visible, you are good. If the back of the woofer is enclosed, you know its cavity needs modifying. Cant remember in the 2012 Z3.

Comment

On sunday, it was all speakers and I tested all the modes and the noise was consistent. Same for radio and my ipod. I'll definitely charge up the batteries first though and see if that helps. I thought it might be the RCA connector to the back of the CD player... but I don't know for sure. I'll keep an eye out for your PM, thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                              X