2013 throttle handle adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 throttle handle adjustment

I'm getting a little side to side play in my throttle handle. Anyone know how to tighten that up? I don't see a set screw on the bottom of the handle like I've had on other boats.
    2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

My 2014 did the same thing and I had my dealer tightn it up but it got loose again I guess from what they told me is that this winter I can have it sent to the builder and they can adjust it internally so I guess that's what were gonna do.
    surf till u die.

Comment

Is there a way to tighten it up without taking it apart?

Comment

bump, My throttle (2013 RZR) is a little loose and hitting a wave can actually move it. Not safe. Anyone know how to adjust it? I don't want to take it to the dealer for this. It will probably take them a week and they will still do it wrong.

Comment

When I checked with Tige about mnpracing's throttle last year I was told that no there was not a way to adjust side to side play and that the entire throttle would have to be warrantied if it was a problem. The 13 and 14 are different. 13's had a shift cables. 14's are full electronic(except some early ones) and totally different control.

On a side not all Throttle by wire throttles are twitchy, I don't know of any that wouldn't move when hitting a wave. A common complaint with the 13's was that the throttles where super jumpy/ twitchy until you got 30+ hours on them. Then they seemed to loosen up some and smooth out.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt33 View Post
            bump, My throttle (2013 RZR) is a little loose and hitting a wave can actually move it. Not safe. Anyone know how to adjust it? I don't want to take it to the dealer for this. It will probably take them a week and they will still do it wrong.
            might be a different issue. Check the screw in the center of the black circle at the pivot point of the throttle handle. Then check that the part you lift to put it in gear is engaging correctly. If it's that part, then either the spring is weak/missing, or the part that clicks into the detent is faulty.

Comment

Working...
            X