2008 RZ4 prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 RZ4 prop question

Got a buddy with this boat, 6.0 marine power 400 hp.

He's got the 1235 acme prop. Has anyone else experienced any issues with the rpms not going higher then 4,000?

Compression tested the motor, everything is running good, just can't figure out what he can do to reach higher rpms.

This boat is not weighted down with heavy sacks either.

Do you know what the WOT RPM is with zero ballast added? In most boats, the 1235 will increase the RPM a little from what the stock prop RPM was.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey Mike,

Ya, so WOT is 4,000 rpm, empty tank. It will not go above that. He mostly boats in Needles, lake Havasu Az. Temps normally at 110 and above.

Comment

I would look to make sure that the throttle valve is actually opening 100%.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike, boat is a state away, we will get to it this weekend. Any other suggestions that might be out there?

Comment

If he has the factory 537, put it back on just to see.

Comment

My set up was a little different with my 2010 RZ4 I had the 6.0 PCM I would turn 5600 WOT at Mohave with the 1235. No ballast and 6 peeps. Speed 42. Sorry not much help on the diagnosis side. Hopefully others will chime in.

Comment

Ok, I appreciate the feedback. Called Tige and all they can say is maybe a sensor has gone bad and causing this. I think the plan is to take it in to a shop and have them run a diagnostic.

Comment

I'm sorta in the same boat... I have a 2010 RZ2 with the 5.7 and the motor doesn't seem to want to get into the max RPM range of 4800-5200 WOT. It was around 4000, then I changed both fuel filters and last weekend she WOT around 4250, still far from the range PCM reccomends for WOT. I'm at 4300ft elevation but with the 1235 prop I should be maxing the high end of the RPMs!
                  Let us know what you find!
                  2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
                  Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

Yes, absolutely! Unfortunately the closest decent size lake to us is 4 hours away in Az. Boat being stored there, makes things a bit more agitating. You waste a weekend just trying to figure out issues. But I think were on the right track now. Checking wot, replacing prop to 537. We will see.

Comment

Did you figure this out? I am experiencing the same all of a sudden with my 537. Also wont go above 3100 rpms when surfing. I just replaced bad knock sensors as one failed and my check engine light has hone away. I used standard gm knock sensors instead of the ones from pcm, as was recommended on here. I still have the old ones and could put them back.

I have an 09 rz4 with pcm 343 ans 537 prop.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X