Baby Life Jacket Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Life Jacket Success

Couldn't find the thread with Ewok's recommendation but I am pretty sure it was him that talked about this vest. Thanks Ewok!
    http://www.iboats.com/Infant-Blue-Gr...iew_id.1145674

We had our less than three month old out in it and it worked great! Much better than previous vests we have used.

Life jacket success! by sreh03, on Flickr

and some more fun pic with my girls this past year:

Savvy surf by sreh03, on Flickr

Ellie surfing by sreh03, on Flickr

Ellie surfing by sreh03, on Flickr

Savvy flying by sreh03, on Flickr
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

That's the one I used for my little guys and gal. Congrats! Great looking kids!
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Those look pretty sweet. I might have to get one.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Diggin the kids and pics! Surf on
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Always great to see the whole family enjoying the water. Thanks for posting

Comment

Thats awesome Steve, thanks for sharing - looks like fun!. Good looking family!!

Comment

Can you post a couple of pics of your platform that you trimmed?

Comment

Nice!

Gotta get them out while they are young!

This is my boy at 6 months.Parker surfing 6.jpeg
                2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
                2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

Originally posted by rwdavis1 View Post
                  Can you post a couple of pics of your platform that you trimmed?
                  Most of my surf mods are just following Duffy's recipe.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ing-mod-thread

I have teak and trimmed it similar to his. I will try to track down a picture later but you can get a pretty good idea looking at his what mine looks like.

On mine if you can see where the platform starts to curve, I made my cut from there to the bracket, leaving a little bit more material there.

While running the mud flap, the platform will not touch the wave on either surf side or off side unless I am really running heavy in the rear and then you can see it touching the bracket slightly on the surfside but it has no impact on my wave.

Trimming the platform actually helped more on the non-surf side allowing me to run some more counter weight and most importantly in rough conditions the opposite side wouldn't hit the water and mess up the wave.

Here is a pic before I trimmed the platform.surf.jpg

It appears that the platform slightly changes the shape near the lip slightly but at my riding my skill level it doesn't seem to change anything.
                  Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by loudelectronics View Post
                    Nice!

This is my boy at 6 months.[ATTACH]37664[/ATTACH]
                    Wow! That has to be one of the youngest surfers ever with both feet on the board! Plus he can claim he was surfing over head waves at 6 months!

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                      Those look pretty sweet. I might have to get one.
                      Congrats Nick... When do you need one a couple more months?

Thanks everyone, tandem surfing has been the most fun surprises since we bought the boat. The whole family loves getting on the water!

Comment

Originally posted by loudelectronics View Post
                        Nice!

This is my boy at 6 months.[ATTACH]37664[/ATTACH]
                        That is awesome! I thought having my boy on a wakeboard with me at 2 years was young! Love the family pics!

Comment

lol. Never thought of that. Maybe the first ever over head wave behind a boat? I can see the marketing now "Tige's revolutionary hull is capable of building over head waves***"

***note that you must be 6 months of age and less than 36" tall to experience overhead waves.
                          2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
                          2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

Wanted to know what life jacket this was. Link no longer works.

Comment

This was the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Full-Throttle...gateway&sr=8-8

While we at it. I've learnt you want two life jackets per kid. One to get wet and one to stay dry so they can put something on once they are done for the day or want to get changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X