New Upholstery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Upholstery

Hi - I'm a relatively new 2004 Tige 24V Limited owner (even though it's an older boat), and it needs a fair bit of work to bring it back up to it's former glory days. I'm looking to replace all the upholstery, as it's really looking tattered and dated. However, given the conservative colours of my boat hull, what upholstery colour combination looks fresh and modern, without departing from the classic feel? Any suggestions - and photos - would be most welcome!!

IMG_0109.jpgIMG_0110.jpgIMG_0112.jpg

take it for what its worth. but leave out any navy in the new design. why date it. there are many color combos and textures you can do to update it. from the looks of it all the flat has been done before those greys dont seem to match the side walls. I would check out local dealers.. see what you like and incorporate it in your boat. Also if they screw up taking that drivers seat center back piece apart... I have a spare I can sell you. same seat that was in my 2005 20v.
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Also stick with straight geometric angles for a modern look and less curvy patterns.

Comment

IMG_20140518_161755.jpgIMG_20140518_171150.jpgIMG_20140518_171159.jpgIMG_20140518_171226.jpgIMG_20140518_171230.jpgIMG_20140518_171248.jpgIMG_20140518_171259.jpg

Just did my 24V before I sell it.
        2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
        2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

The only thing that I really did not like about my 24V was the dark vinyl. That became so hot in the sun it could burn your feet. My current boat does not have that problem. I would do lighter colors. The dark looks great in the garage and showroom, but not practical IMHO.
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I have some bad sections also, and the cost of OEM vinyl (factory) skins is the same amount to have the whole back end redone.

White just sucks. I think I"ll stay away from white white when I recover the seats.

Anyways, who ever did the vinyl on LoudElectronics's boat did really nice job. The stitching looked perfect. Didn't look "redone" at all.

Comment

I had a local shop with a good reputation recover my corner lift-out rear bench cushions as a secret test whether to use them for a complete vinyl redo in a season or two. It was not a bad job, but I will not be using them. You can tell it is a recover job. I will have to hunt for a great shop in the midwest St Louis region.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                I had a local shop with a good reputation recover my corner lift-out rear bench cushions as a secret test whether to use them for a complete vinyl redo in a season or two. It was not a bad job, but I will not be using them. You can tell it is a recover job. I will have to hunt for a great shop in the midwest St Louis region.
                Seems just about "anybody" can recover seats, but very few can lay down stitch like the factory does.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                  Duncan - I've got a guy that has re-upholstered several seats in my '04 21i with pretty good success. Pricing is very reasonable. He's about an hour and a half southwest of St. Louis in the potosi area.

Dunns upholstery - Benny Dunn

The bulk of his business is new boat seat/upholstery for custom river boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouWake View Post
                    Duncan - I've got a guy that has re-upholstered several seats in my '04 21i with pretty good success. Pricing is very reasonable. He's about an hour and a half southwest of St. Louis in the potosi area.

Dunns upholstery - Benny Dunn

The bulk of his business is new boat seat/upholstery for custom river boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Excellent! Thanks for the referral.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions & advice! I especially like the way loudelectronics has had his upholstery redone - I'll probably do something similar to that.
                      I'll post the photos in a few weeks time!

Comment

Duncan check out waves and wheels here in Osage beach mo. Justin and his crew do awesome work.

Comment

Thanks for the referrals!

Comment

rcwvdlinde How is the interior on a hot day? I'm looking at going with a dark Gray like yours or with a light gray/silver. I want to know if it burns like hell when you sit against it a first..

Comment

cclarke89 - it's not too bad from what I remember. Dark colors are obviously worse than lights. We're in the middle of getting our boat re-upholstered at the moment, and I'm going more for a color scheme like loudelectronics - white seats and backrests with a grey border.

Comment

Working...
                              X