Help with what tower to buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I want to put a tower on my boat. I am sure this has been discussed a bunch of times, so maybe a link to another thread? It needs to have a bimini top also. The boat is new to me.IMG_0755.jpg
    Last edited by feddeytx; 05-21-2014, 12:55 PM.

Lots of towers to choose from, what's your budget? What type of look are you going for, forward swoop or aft swoop?
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I was faced with replacing the Metcraft tower on my boat this past winter (tower cracked at the end of the season last year). I looked at a bunch of universal towers (monster, Aerial, Roswell ect.) and there are many options to choose from. I scoured the past forums on tower replacements and in the end I bit the bullet and went with a Samson Blade tower. I was concerned with the stability and rattling that is associated with universal fit towers. The Samson towers are pricey, but they are rock solid. I was not disappointed with the service and quality.

new tower.jpgnew tower2.jpg

Comment

That's one sharp looking aftermarket tower. Wow! The aftermarket has come a long way!
        I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

+ 1 on the Samson towers. I have a Razor and it is rock solid as well. Customer service is second to none. That is sharp. Wish that would have been available when I purchased mine!

Comment

If your on a budget I'd take a look at one called the Indy Pro series. I put one on my last Mastercraft and was quite happy with it. Nice and solid and installation was easy. Looks pretty similar to the Monsters but the joints are much better looking.

If you have a few more bucks to spend you can't go wrong with the Samson towers. Depending on how i like my E-series tower i may replace it with a Samson Blade next winter if the funds are available.

Comment

Here is another boat with the Samson Blade Tower and a hard top Bimini:

Last edited by Ewok; 05-21-2014, 07:09 PM.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I was faced with this choice 2 years ago, after research I did find that the sampsons are the best but, with that being said, they are the most $$$. I ended up going with an arieal assult tower in black, came with two racks and LED light. It mounted right up with ease. I will say that the first year I used it the bolts did loosen and the tower had some side to side motion. At the end of the summer I took it apart and put the loctite on all the bolts. Now with 2 x xm9's, two wakeboards, and a custom bimini, it does have [I]some[I] movement in choppy water, but for the cost it does the job great! Although they have gone up in price since I bought one, I still think they are a good value. I am happy with my purchase. Its better than any metacraft tower I have seen. Ill try to get some pics up this saturday when I take it out. Hope this helps.

Oh, my next choice was going to be the Indy, there new one looks very solid.

Comment

I had a monster tower on my last boat and if your money conscious they are an ok tower. They do shift and make a lot of noise and you will constantly be tightening things on it. Even with Loctite on it. I had a couple breaks in it after 3 years and had to tear down, weld and re powder coat which is a pain!

I am pleased with my Tige E series tower and know that Samson makes a similar if not better tower that is available. The Samson towers are built to last hints the reason they are pricey. If you ever have to tear a cheap one down and redo it you will ask yourself why you didn't shell a little more cash the first time around. Just my $.02

Comment

+1 on Samson.. Purchase on my 2003 SeaRay that I sold to my neighbor a few years ago. 11 Year old tower still no issues and solid.

Comment

Another satisfied Samsom Tower owner. (Sorry I only have the one crappy pic)

RZ4 tower.jpg
                      Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

Love the blade tower.

Comment

I love my Somson Razor. It is tight and solid. It can be raised and lowered by one person.

Comment

Originally posted by EricU View Post
                            Another satisfied Samsom Tower owner. (Sorry I only have the one crappy pic)

[ATTACH]37342[/ATTACH]
                            That looks great! If you get more pics over summer you should post them up. It should give me a good idea what that tower will look like on a red RZ2.

Comment

I love my Samson tower. Great build quality and rock solid. I'd highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                              X