Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Hot Water Shower options for RZ4

Anyone add one to their Tige?

It never occurred to me until recently to get a wet suit to start the season earlier. I just recently picked one up, and I've heard that filling it up with hot water before going in is the way to go.

I really should have added the shower option, but too late for that.

I got the heatercraft heater if that helps at all with routing of hoses or anything. Anyone recommend a unit? Is it pretty straight forward on the install?

Where did you guys mount the shower hose?

Thanks for the help!

Heater Craft is awesome usually you mount them on the back of the rz2 or rz4 on the driver side in the wet storage mini locker, that's were mine is and it's easy accessible and keeps the water out of the boat.
    surf till u die.

Comment

I would like to add a warm transom shower to my z3 also.

Is there a complete kit available ?

Comment

http://www.heatercraft.com/
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I think there is a big difference in installing a warm water shower on a closed cooling engine vs an open cooling engine.

Our factory shower on a closed cooling engine is worthless. Water temp feels fine in the middle of summer ... but when the lake is cold, the shower cannot warm it sufficiently to make any comfort. That is the only option on our 2009 RZ2 that I feel like was a waste of money.

Our dealer contacted PCM for ideas on routing -- the solution that would supply warm water when the lake was below about 68 was several thousand dollars.

Comment

I have looked carefully at doing this. I've physically visited HeaterCraft (they are about five miles from my lake house) and taken apart their hot/cold water valves. Great people, but I wasn't impressed with the valves... their internal openings are very restrictive. You are almost guaranteed to require an entirely separate, dedicated impeller pump to have sufficient pressure. I don't want to add yet another pump if I don't have to.

The engine cooling system on my raw-water-cooled PCM engine is definitely pressurized (those raw water impeller pumps generate quite a bit of suction/pressure), and there is both hot and cold water available coming out of the engine (I tapped into a cold water hose for my "wet" propshaft seal). So I think it's possible to have a "passive" (i.e. no dedicated pump(s)) system. The trick is to use a valve that has very low restriction. When this pops up to the top of my to-do list, I'm going to look at valves made for the RV market as well as standard house sink fixtures. Particularly if you removed the screens and filters and aerators, I suspect those will have quite a bit less backpressure than what I took apart at HeaterCraft.

Comment

It's a problem.
              Today I have bought Adjustable Bathroom Shower Caddy from Lifewit and it’s just awesome.
              I am so happy with this shower rack. I use it in a bathtub/shower combo. It has worked out well placing it in the corner of the tub opposite of the shower. I love that all the shelves are large, I have quite a bit of stuff on it and have not had any problems with it. When I put it together I found out that I did need to leave one piece of the pole connector off otherwise it would have be too tall for placing it on the corner of the tub, fits perfect now! It was a good buy, much better than my over the shower rack I was using, much more space!
              You can buy this.
              Trust me, it’s amazing 
              http://amzn.to/2p7yxxq

Comment

Originally posted by mahabub99 View Post
                Trust me, it’s amazing
                Trust me, it's off-topic.

Comment

I have a shower on my closed system and it's great. Lots of ooohs and ahhhs. Lake was 48 degrees.

Comment

Bakes,
                    Could you post some pics of where your shower is tapped from engine. According to what we have been told Indmar has not come up with an acceptable hot/cold tap spot without affecting raw water cooling(was told this at Indmar factory training) on the Raptor. As far as I know you can't option a shower from the factory for Tige on the Raptor, and I know you can't from Skiers Choice who are using the Raptor in both lines. This would lead me to believe that it was dealer installed after the fact. I'm sure someone will correct me, but regardless I'd like to see where your shower is pulling hot and cold from the raw water loop.

Much appreciated

Comment

Gimme a few. One thing to note is that your not supposed to use it while running the engine. I get about 1 minute before it runs out of water. Not hot or cold water, the water just stops. More than enough though to take the edge off. Besides, probably shouldn't be on the platform with the engine running anyways due to carbon monoxide.

Comment

Ok...here is mixer. Red line Ts into manifold drain line and blue line goes to raw water line. Middle line goes into pump and line out of pump goes to shower head.

IMG_3493.jpg

Here is where red line attached to the manifold drain line.

IMG_3492.jpg

Here is where the blue line attaches. Blue line Ts into that white line with red and blue markings. For reference, viewed through access panel on starboard side. Rear or engine. Right above the anode that needs removal during winterization

IMG_3495.jpg

The pump. Just mounted to the transom.

IMG_3490.jpg

Comment

Not too often a spammer gets a 3 year old dormant thread back on track
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Also....I've had 2 boats with showers. Both had dedicated pumps. I'm not a fan of the passive design as it requires the engine to be running. I would hate the engine on while getting a shower. Quieter and less exhausty to use a pump.

I also kinda like the water limit. It keeps the kids and ladies from taking 30 minute showers.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Bakes. Do you know if the dealer installed it?? I know it doesn't solve the wetsuit issue but for those boating early or those that run cold, we have added and additional two vent pull out heater to Z3 under the seat and put the hot pull out tubes on the face where trashcan hides. Comes out pretty slick and you don't really lose out on storage.

Comment

Working...
                              X