Group Buy on Deckadence Flooring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Buy on Deckadence Flooring...

Looks like the group buy on Deckadence flooring is coming together. This was started in another thread named "Winter Project" but to increase its visibility to anyone who might be interested I've started this new thread.

I'm emailing back and forth with the folks who make Deckadence today, working out the details. Here is the sequence of events so far.

If you just purchase cut strips of material from us it is $8.25 per square foot. If we cut from a template to a custom size, it is $9.50 per square foot.
    I presume they mean "$9.50 per finished square foot" (as opposed to "how many feet of raw material we spool off before we start cutting your shape"). If that's true, having them cut it could end up being quite a bit less expensive because our boat floors tend to be long and narrow, and you wouldn't be paying for all of that scrap.
    Let me know what the Tige model and year is for your boat and the others. We may have templates in stock! Failing that, I'm happy to give a 10% discount on 3 orders and 15% discount on more than 3 orders. Tige boats are not usually that large so the price will be extremely affordable. You may wish to consider having the Tige Logo printed for an additional $85.00? Talk soon and thank you.
    ...so I told him I have a 2009 24Ve and received this response:
    Ah, no we don't have this one. But looking at the specifications, I think the standard pricing for this model would be between $545 and $585 if you purchase directly through us. A dealer would probably retail this closer to $900. On average, please use this pricing as a point for discussion with your colleagues. Hopefully, we can get a business relationship moving. Many thanks.
    So... looks like he's quoting us $545-585 for Tige boats cut from a template. The wording is a bit vague, and I have sent another email asking for clarification on whether we get 15% off those prices with 4+ buyers at the same time. I will report back as soon as I hear from him again.

Anyone interested at these prices? Please post who you are and your year and model so I can forward them to him and get solid numbers and whether they have templates for your year and model. The more people we have, the better leverage we can exert. Thanks!
    Last edited by IDBoating; 04-11-2014, 06:59 PM.

Under $600 sounds great.

2004 Tige 24V. I think my cockpit is different dimensions than the 24Ve? Or is it the same?

I will PM you my personal details.

Question for you, Are you planning on one piece all the way to the bow? Or are you thinking about having that separate similar to the snap down carpet up there now?
    Last edited by Stingreye; 04-11-2014, 07:04 PM. Reason: Added Question about bow
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
      2004 Tige 24V. I think my cockpit is different dimensions than the 24Ve? Or is it the same?
      I don't know. I wouldn't assume anything. If they don't have my template, they likely don't have yours either so I think the safest thing for both of us to do is make our own so there's no question it's right.
      Question for you, Are you planning on one piece all the way to the bow? Or are you thinking about having that separate similar to the snap down carpet up there now?
      Single piece, front to back. No cutout for the fuel tank access panel, I can roll back the Deckadence on the rare occasion I need to get under there. I plan to wrap it around the driver's seat pedestal and have a single cut between the pedestal and the right side interior wall. It will be all but invisible under there, and IIRC someone once told me that's where the factory cut is placed too. Basically I want one large, single piece so the whole thing helps to hold itself in place with no overlaps. Haven't figured out a color yet, but something light to keep the heat down.

Comment

I will most likely be interested. I would be interested in the Tige logo and border around the edge (see pic). I have a 2011 RZ 2. I will be out of the country for a week starting tomorrow, so if possible don't end this before Easter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jrj701 View Post
          I will be out of the country for a week starting tomorrow, so if possible don't end this before Easter.
          Yes, I think we will need to hold this "open" for a few days to make sure we don't miss any interested parties. I propose closing the deal on the Monday after Easter, which will work for you. If that's a problem for anyone else, please say so ASAP.

Comment

OK, got the next response. It's looking pretty good!

I replied to his most recent email with the following:
            You say that's standard pricing. Just so I'm clear, would the 10-15% discount you mentioned be on top of that? In other words, if I can collect 3+ people to order together, would that drop the $545-585 by 15%?

And these are cut-by-you, drop-in-the-boat, correct? Either from templates you already have or templates that we would make up and send to you?

Just making sure I understand and can explain the opportunity to the others. Thank you in advance for working with us!
            ...and he replied with the following:
            Yes, you are correct on all counts!
            IMHO this is shaping up to be a very good deal. Roughly $500 with all discounts to get basic Deckadence in your boat. (Things like logos and borders will be extra.)

I will circle back to him and let him know we're collecting the years and models of interested parties. I'll submit them all to him in bulk so he doesn't have to keep dealing with this on a onesy-twosy basis. Post your data here and I will collect it.

Thanks!
            Last edited by IDBoating; 04-11-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

This has been interesting to watch come together. I love the "team" effort among so many TOs! Does anyone know how much of a difference there is, if any, between the Deckadence and the Posidan mat offered by Tige? We already havew the Posidan in our boat, but at this cost, I am considering ordering a back up/upgrade "just in case".
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I got a quote from them for last fall. They were willing to offer a steep discount if I would be the Z1 guinea pig. Logos and borders were indeed extra money. They will also do custom logos for you.

I don't have the quote in front of me, but it was around $500 (Canadian dollars and a Canadian company BTW), for no logos.

Either way, this is low priority on my list, with all the other goodies yet to buy. So sorry, but I can't be in on it

Comment

I am in!
                  Do they just do a standard color?
                  I would need it for a 2014 z3

Comment

They have a range of colors on their website:

http://marineflooring.net/colour-2/

I've asked for confirmation that all illustrated colors are available.

So far we have commitments for:

2004 24V
                    2014 Z3
                    2009 24Ve
                    Last edited by IDBoating; 04-11-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I just ordered 3 sample colors from them
                      Azul
                      Luna Silver
                      and teal blue

I want the mat to be luna silver with the logo in a color that matches the rest of my boat. I also like the NO boarder look
                      Do these mats need snaps or do they stay in place without anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                        Does anyone know how much of a difference there is, if any, between the Deckadence and the Posidan mat offered by Tige?
                        When I looked into doing this a year or two ago I was going to use Poseidon. But then they seem to have gone out of business (phones disconnected, website gone, etc.). I suspect, but don't know for sure, that they may have been a bulk buyer of Deckadence so they may have been the same material, but just couldn't make enough margin to stay alive. I don't know where Tige gets their non-carpet flooring now.

Comment

Originally posted by DrPorter View Post
                          Do these mats need snaps or do they stay in place without anything?
                          No snaps. It just lays in place. The backing is apparently grippy enough that it holds well even on gelcoat. The other thread that started this whole thing discusses that... I asked that exact question and this was the answer I got. I'll be removing the snaps in my floor so things are nice and smooth.

Comment

I have the Poseidon mat in my Z3 and it stays in place nicely with no tie downs. By far one of the biggest compliments I get from fellow boat owners. Feet are always dry, no mess to clean up, really a great investment. When you get done for the day just pull the mat and rinse it on the dock and then rinse the floor off and good to go for another day.

Comment

It looks as if they expect it to last an average of 4 years, depending on use. Any idea if they have a pattern for 2013-2014 Z1s? It might be a good idea to see if they have a listing of Tige Patterns. Might save some back and forth. That Hot Pink color is HOT
                              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Working...
                              X