No announcement yet.

RZR Surf Flap Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alwayssummer: It's probably because the edge of the swim platform is still cutting in to the water. I have a piece of mat in my garage ready to go but I haven't done anything with it yet. The issue I find on my boat is the disturbance from the edge of the platform cutting in to the water as it rounds the back of the boat. I have the lip on the under side which doesn't help either but I don't believe a flap would completely solve my issue....therefore I haven't done anything yet. I also don't find I get the "spray" that everyone talks about even with FAE. If I don't have enough weight to the on side I will get some frothing from the opposite side wake but that can be gotten rid of simply by moving some weight over to the surf side. My goofy wave is clean as could be.

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg. Here is my results. Absolutely no spray coming off the swim step, or FAE, wave and lip were a bit longer and the less curl on the goofy side. The regular side was massive with about 1' curl on the end at 20 feet. Speed was 12.2-12.7 a bit slower then before. FAE was flawless this weekend love the quiet both in and behind the boat.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

JMOORE15 - How did you attach this to your Z1? It looks like it helped a lot. I need something for my Z1. I have been dealing with the spray and a not so clean wake for way too long. This looks like a nice option. Any info on how you built this would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Coojac, Here is a link to an old thread that should help you. Happy to help if you have questions. (http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...php?t=18799)
          Last edited by jmoore15; 08-05-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

anyone tried tag teaming this thing on a newer surf system boat?
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
              anyone tried tag teaming this thing on a newer surf system boat?
              It should work great!
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

JMOORE15 - Thanks for the reply. Your link didn't work, but I just found another link on TO using aluminum angle iron that will work well after drilling out two holes on the platform brackets. My Z1 currently doesn't have any holes.

Comment

Working...
                X