Need help installing the magic button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help installing the magic button

Its about that time where I would like to install a couple upgrades on my boat before the next season. Installing the magic button is on the top of my list. I followed the thread when it first came out but I forgot if you had to install a wire on on the viper connection of if you didn't need to. I think im going to order the same switch a wickedcummins but I going to use a red led. Any help wiring it would be appreciated.

How did this install go? My dealer is quoting me $515! Which includes 3 hours of labor... Sounds high as I thought board man or dandy paid around $250. Thoughts?

Comment

My button was $15 plus my time. I posted the process on the Magic Button thread. I used the ebay button. I didn't connect the Viper wire.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20440

Sent from my Passport
      Last edited by JohnnieMo; 03-21-2015, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Dmb, I paid +/- $100 for the kit from Heinens. Everything was there...simple and easy to put in. If you pick up a kit and a little help, let me know and I can scoot over some evening/weekend. IIR once I had a hole cut for the switch itself the rest took less than an hour. I placed my where the horn button is as I didn't like the red cap and then got a smaller momentary switch similar to the "magic button" and installed that for the horn just below and right of the TT screen.
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

not to hi jack but what year is this good for? 13 and newer or would my 2010 come under this too. If so would like this info as well, thanks

Comment

Any boat with Tigé touch would benefit from this mod.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Dukes, go back to the link above that JMo posted. Just about all you will need to know on the Magic Button will be found there.
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Yeah I did sift through all that, just seems that the only people interested are the ones with newer boats, so wasn't sure if this affected mine or not.

Comment

ok thanks, read through it all again and looks like for any year tige touch, thanks again, to the op, any luck yet.

Comment

Yes I installed the button not joking the wire up to the viper. Works great. It is a must have for all boats with Tige touch

Comment

which switch did you use?

Comment

Working...
                      X