Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug and play GPS conversion kit

Hey
    Has anyone out there installed the plug and play GPS conversion kit to there Tiges?
    If so what's it like?
    http://nauticlaugic.com/index.html

I don't know if you can use it due to the fact your paddle wheel transducer is also where the depth and water temp signal come from. It is a 3 feature transducer. So if you unplug it you are going to lose depth and water temp function. I believe its all in one plug. So you would have to rewire it, which would probably void warranty. Are you having problems with the paddle wheel? We never had an issue with the speed readings or cruise on our RZR. I also had 3 demo R20's that never had an issue either with the same paddle wheel location.

So I don't think its plug and play for a 3 part transducer like your RZr has. I think its more plug and play for the paddle wheel transducer on perfect pass.

Comment

The existing transducer is still used, there is new inline plug that pigtails with the GPS unit so you don't lose depth or temp. It is truly PNP and no rewiring at all, just replacing paddlewheel speed input signal. I had absolutely great results on my '09 Malibu, it's still running today with the current owner. Others I have read didn't have as good of results....

Comment

OK. Cool. The early ones you unplugged the transducer totally.

Comment

I had great results with mine. Much more accurate than the old system. My cable was a little short for my RZ4. I called the company and could not get an extension. I made one up with some new connectors and it worked great. I would highly recommend this to anyone with an older setup.

Comment

I have a 2011 Tige RZ2 and am tired of dealing with Paddle Wheel replacements. Anyone tried this and seen it work ok with the Tige You surfing system?

Comment

I installed this on my 2006 Tige 20V and it works good. I also purchased the adapter for the Perfect Pass cruise control to pick up the GPS signal

Comment

cool, thx

Comment

I installed these on my '08 when my paddles stopped worked. Had it on for two years before I sold my boat. No complains with them and it worked great. I'm gonna pick these up when my paddles go on my new boat. From what I remember, it was cheaper to buy than replace my paddles. Easy install, just plug and play. You don't loose the other transducer functions either. Came with easy step by step instructions and they reply to emails instantly if you have questions on install, as I did but was quickly resolved.
                  Last edited by Frosty_Power; 06-29-2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X