ghetto upholstery fix ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ghetto upholstery fix ideas?

I was my boat in the salt water 98% of the time and its the stitching on the lower seats are showing a lot of wear. Its a 2001 2100v with the upgraded upholstery i believe. The rear seats have a stitching line that has pulled through and looks terrible. I don't have the funds to spend to re-do the seats however, I was thinking maybe some high grade White duct tape would work for now. It would just be one line of tape along the threads. We usually cover the seats with towels anyway. I just don't want the upholstery to start tearing part. Would that look too trashy? My major concern would be the glue from the tape getting smeared after awhile.

My suggestion was going to be white duct tape. If the seams are coming apart, you'll have to recover the seats down the road anyway, so tape glue shouldn't be a huge concern.

Comment

You got-a do what you got-a dooo!LOL I had to rock the duct tape for alomost a year. Like you said just use the towels to make it look a little better. But whats more important it will help it last longer and protect the foam. Because if the foam gets messed up it will cost more to fix. I had no issues with the glue.

Comment

Working...
      X