Fuel Tank Issues 04 22V Riders Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank Issues 04 22V Riders Addition

Last season I ran into an issue with what I am told is an intake gas line. I lost power (kind of like when your impeller goes out) and the engine would make a rushing air noise. Eventually it wouldn't start. My local marine said they thought I might have a crack in my intake gas line coming out of the gas tank. To test it they had me fill the tank with 5 gallons of gas. I did and the problem went away. The rushing air noise was due they said to the idle air control valve kicking in because the cracked line once it was no longer submerged in gas was sucking air triggering the IAC. Anyways, I need to get this fixed and was hoping some one could shed light on how to get at the gas tank in an 04 22V. I want to help my local marina out as much as possible as they are not a Tige dealer.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks,

Dan

If it is like my 03 then the center section of the back seat comes out which will allow you to pull up the middle section of the floor and access the gas tank. To get the seat out mine just has 6 nuts that can be removed from the backside on the bulkhead inside the engine compartment and then two screws that are on the bottom of the seat base (from inside the boat). Once the seat is out of the way the floor should just lift up.

Comment

Working...
    X