Trailer for 24V needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer for 24V needed

Found out today that my trailer is shot and needs to be replaced. Anyone in the Dallas area know who has a reasonable price on a replacement trailer? Spoke with RoadRunner in Lewisville but wanted to know if there was anything else out there that anyone knew of.

I would get a boatmate over a road runner. I've got a road runner and saw how much better dingleberrys boatmate is for his RZ4.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
      I've got a road runner and saw how much better dingleberrys boatmate is for his RZ4.
      Minor correction...my trailer is an Extreme, not a Boatmate.

Comment

Either way, better than my road runner, and the boatmates I've seen on this site are a bit nicer and better built than my RR.

Comment

I will look them up and see how bad it is going to hurt. Thanks

Comment

Any thoughts on a c C channel trailer vs a tube? The price from the dealer is only 250.00 difference but there will never be the problem I have now of the tube rusting fron the inside out. Only real drawback that is evident to me is the look is not quite as clean due to the wires being exposed inside the channel but there is nowhere for it to hold water. Both are built out of 5" material and all other options are the same.

Comment

Do you put your boat into brackish or salt water? If so your better off with an aluminum I beam style. If strictly fresh water I'm not sure it makes a difference. My last boat, a 1993 Bayliner, had a galvanized tube frame trailer which has no rust spots to this day. It's not as pretty as a matching painted trailer but its strong and lasts. If your looking for something other than the standard there are quite a few custom trailer manufacturers who can make a one-off for you, they are a little more spendy but they can get you all the features you would like.

Comment

How is it shot? Bunks?
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

It was in brackish water until I purchased it 2 months ago. The trailer had some rust but the previous owner did not want the paint knocked off to look at it. The main beams are rusted to a point that if you look at them from the rear there is a bow in front of and behind the axles. The fenders are rusted through where the steps meet up. The short of it is that by the time it is sand blasted there is not enough good metal to weld back to. My 95 mastercraft trailer was just fine when I sold it but it was not in salty water. That is why I am kicking around the idea of c channel instead of tube.

Comment

Working...
                  X