Stereo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo help

I sold my 07 20 v to a friend. He took it out and stereo was working fine and then all of a sudden stopped putting out sound. Had a stereo guy come and look at it. Amp and stereo has power but still no sound out of speakers by any means bypassed the amp and just ran off head unit with same no sound. Of course the mute button is not on. He is going to bring by a different head unit to see if that's the problem. Any other advice. It's the clarion stock head unit. Not sure why it would just stop putting out sound. Thanks

You can get a simple RCA cable that plugs into the ipod. Plug the ends of the RCA into the amp and see if you get sound coming from the amp from the Ipod. That tells you that the problem is not in the amp and speakers. That would be a lot easier than plugging in another head unit.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Make sure your remote and main on power wires are connected and have power. If the main isn't but your remote is, you will get those symptoms. The green light will come on but the amp won't produce sound. Test with a volt meter. It is odd that when bypasses it did t work too? That's using two different outputs out of the stereo.
      Last edited by wired1236; 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for advice. Got to the boat last night-fully charged both batteries and then re connected. Yup I've got sound. So much for my stereo guy. Lol

Comment

I would guess that is a new problem then. Why would the batteries go dead while in the middle of a boating session?
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Your batteries are probably shot or your alt quit working while boating around but kept just enough juice to make engine run. My Batts went bad right after buying my boat but the alt kept the engine running. I was smart enough to not shut off boat and take it right back to dock. New Batts and she ran like a top again.

Comment

I would make sure the ground cable that connects the 2 banks is connected. This would prevent the battery from charging, yet the stereo would draw off of it until it was too low.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Not really sure why it all of a sudden stopped working as I wasn't there at time. Not sure if a wire had just come loose and it was corrected when I charged and rehooked things up completely after stereo guy had left. Kinda weird but its fixed anyways. The speakers seem to get a bit of moisture around them-- is this common. Due you have to lift up cushions to air out after. Do you have to do the same for amp comp just to air and vent. Just a couple things stereo guy said to do. Apologize if silly questions

Comment

Working...
                X