Looking for Bimini for 2000 2100V old school tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Bimini for 2000 2100V old school tower

I just purchased a 2000 21V with the old school tower and cannot find a place that sells the bimini. Called Tige, and they said the company that made those is out of business. Does anyone have one they would like to sell or an alternative route for me? Thanks

Best thing would be to check out your local vinyl shops. Where are you located and others may be able to chime in and give you names of some reputable places.

Comment

More than likey, you're going to have one made. What you should do is replace the Metcrap tower of death and then get a bimini for whatever tower you get.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I don't think I want to drop 3k on a new tower. I know there is a reputable place in town, but I'm sure they are going to want like $700 or more. Has anyone put one of those Cargo Biminis from Monster towers on the old Metcrap tower? If so, send pics.

Comment

I wouldn't anything from that tower. Four wakeboards is way too much for that thing. Trust me, I had one that was very well maintained. I had four wakeboards and bimini on it and it was sketchy at best. I got a decent tower and it is one of the best things I've ever bought for the boat. I'm not even 100% satisfied with it but, it was completely worth it to get rid of that death trap Metcrap.

You don't have to spend 3k on a tower even though it is 100% worth it. You could put a new tower and bimini on there for around than 2k. Personally, I'd rather have a sunburn as opposed to a jagged metal bar sticking through my head. You can only bend a paperclip back and forth so many times before it snaps. You have no idea how much abuse your tower has seen. Replacing it should be a priority.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            I wouldn't anything from that tower. Four wakeboards is way too much for that thing. Trust me, I had one that was very well maintained. I had four wakeboards and bimini on it and it was sketchy at best. I got a decent tower and it is one of the best things I've ever bought for the boat. I'm not even 100% satisfied with it but, it was completely worth it to get rid of that death trap Metcrap.

You don't have to spend 3k on a tower even though it is 100% worth it. You could put a new tower and bimini on there for around than 2k. Personally, I'd rather have a sunburn as opposed to a jagged metal bar sticking through my head. You can only bend a paperclip back and forth so many times before it snaps. You have no idea how much abuse your tower has seen. Replacing it should be a priority.
            Don't hold back, how do you really feel about the old tower?

My friend has a 2000 21V. Uses is a couple times per year only. I was over at his house just 3 days ago and it is sitting in the driveway with a broken tower. I suggested he replace it, but he said 'someone is coming over to weld it tomorrow'. I told him that a new fracture will likely be coming soon, but he did not seem to care. I worry that is a shortsighted fix, but what can you do?

A monster tower and bimini are going to run 2K. If I were you, and on a budget, I would do my best to make that happen. Once your tower does fail, then you are going to have spent $500 on a bimini that is now useless for the new tower you are going to buy later. And when you go to sell the boat, the new buyer is going to look here and factor 2K off if he sees your Metcrap tower on it.

Pay now or pay later, and risk a bar to the head in the meantime.
            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Had mine welded twice at a reputable shop...each weld lasted only one trip out. Watch it closly for cracks and keep everything tight. Unfortunately, at this age they have run their life span. They were the greatest when they first came out, but time and technology quickly passed them by long ago. Start saving your money as you will probably need a replacement sooner than later. Replace it in the winter as I know Samson runs off season specials. I got a really good deal on mine and with all the measuring I did, they can now make you one that will fit the original mounting points.

Comment

I have to agree with all of the above. I had issues with my tower, actually got my dealer to warranty it. They paid for my Wake Air tower, I ended up having to pay for a new Bimini and board racks, but well worth it!

Comment

Working...
                X