dumb question #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dumb question #1

I have just bought my 1st vdrive. I have been looking for over a year and kept coming back to tige. I finally bought a 2009 z1 loaded with z tower and upgraded audio. It has the stock 900 ballast and my question is can I stuff an enzo sac down the port side on top of the hard tank without damaging it? Also I need a Bimini so does anybody know a way to get a good deal on a stock one ?

Your 09 should have the in-floor tanks in the rear. No issue with a sac like an Enzo in the locker, we do it all the time.

Congrats and welcome!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Congrats on your tige, you are going to love it. Chpthril is the guy to talk to for all of your ballast ( and more) needs.

Welcome to TO

Comment

I believe that you want to make sure that you have your in-floor tank filled before filling your enzo.

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. You are going to love the boat and this site is very helpful in answering any questions. Welcome to the site. Post up a pic when you can. We all love to see and share pics.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Your best option for a bimini might be to go to a local shop. Where are you located so that some may chime in to local places?

X2 on the pics

Comment

Chpthrl-

Or anyone for that matter...

Is it possible to pull the floor tanks in a Z1 and go all sac?
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                Chpthrl-

Or anyone for that matter...

Is it possible to pull the floor tanks in a Z1 and go all sac?
                WA Boating did it on his Ve
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So far, he is the only one I've seen do it (besides me). His looked fairly easy to do and I'm really surprised no one else has. Just wondering if the Z1 has the same type of floor setup.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

To my knowledge, the Z1 uses the same tanks and false flooring over them. Now, on WA's, IIRC, he didnt actually have the tanks, so he had to dig out the foam that was poured in, in place of the tanks. After that, its just a matter of designing the odd-shaped sac to fill that low spot/void as well as the locker.

Comment

Mine is an 08 Z1, But I removed the above floor hard tanks and can run a 1250# Enzo sac I got from CHP completely full
                      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

And welcome to the Site Hairball, congrats on your Zee and post up some pictures!
                        "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Congrats and welcome, I run about 900lbs on top of my tanks with the W719 bags that I got from Chpthrill, he can hook you up with everything you'll need to put in your own custom system. Good luck, have fun, ask lots of questions and show us some pics along the way.
                          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
                          X