"Know it all" friends- embarrasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Know it all" friends- embarrasing

Anyone have stories of incidents with their buddies who think they know it all?

My story. My buddies is the type that likes to show off, basically the kid that wants to look pro but is really a beginner. All show no go. Anyway, he was bragging to us how he has grown up with boats, knows how to launch them etc etc. My brother and I have it down when it comes to launching the boat. We can have it off the trailer in a minute. We took my friend, who just got a new lowered tahoe on 26's. (i post a video a while ago with it in it). He insisted on towing our boat. I figured, sure, I don't have to pay for gas. We where filming launching the boat so we took about 15 min just to do it. everything went fine. While we were boarding, a brand new axis pulls up. Its a boat that we really want to upgrade to in the future. It had a boat full of girls. I, myself have a girlfriend so I didn't really care. My buddy however, was drooling over them. He would try and show off while boarding, he has only boarded 3 times. Pretty much embarrassing himself. Anyway at the end of the day, it ended up where the axis and us where at the launch ramp at the same time. My buddy has his new tahoe with my boat trailer backing up to the water with the stereo blaring. All he cares about is his image. He ends up dunking the whole trailer into the water, so deep the guide posts were a foot under the water. I had no clue where the trailer was. We were trying to yell but his stereo was too loud, we were waving our arms but he was playing mister cool guy on his iphone 5. Mean while, the boat full of girls wear sitting on the boat on the trailer right next to him. I just sat out there until he realized I wasn't going to pull up. He gets out of the car all pissed at me for taking too long and I just laughed. He definitely won't be pulling my boat anytime soon. It's just funny how dumb people get when they are trying too look cool.

Your friend is jackass. I hope you explained why that makes him a jackass. I have a buddy just like that. I love him like brother but, he is still a jackass. Usually its him getting way too drunk in the name of "getting the party started" and ends up with him puking, passing out, perhaps grabbing some side boob off somebody's wife, etc. Always been a fashion whore, "Best Dressed" Class of '91. Sweetass Diamond Back in 7th grade, never could ride worth a chit. Always the nicest skateboard, couldn't ride it either. Would always ride the kneeboard, never a ski (that was before wakeboarding). Wouldn't catch any air, just make pretty little turns. Even now, he'll surf but not let go of the rope. There's a name for people like that. Its "salesman". All style, no balls. Kind of like a lowered Tahoe on 26s. Sure, it looks pretty but, that's all its good for.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I had a few friends like that...they are now acquaintances. After going through college you find out those kids that don't really talk about the sport are the ones who kill it. It was quite humbling seeing the loud mouths make a fool out of themselves...but for some reason those guys tended to get girls like no other in college. Now that they are in their 30s they can't keep a girl friend for more than 3 months.

I kind of think of those guys as a tricked out flat bottom jet boat..."all show, no go"

Comment

I've been disappointed by dudes like that. I had a friend out who talked a big game about wakeboarding behind his dads Malibu who lives on a lake in the fort worthy area. Talked about being real good and wakeboarding all the time and how he's going to buy his dads boat. I took him out in my RZ2 when it was brand new and maxed out the ballast, set the taps up for a clean wake at 23 and he asked me to slow it down and he couldn't even clear the wake. I was hoping to see some great riding and learn a thing or two but instead I helped him learn to ride switch. At least he pitched in for gas, and it was still a good day on the water, but not what I thought was going to happen.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

since my older thread got lost, here is the video i was talking about.
          https://vimeo.com/61238777
          The rider is my brother, im pretty much the full time driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
            ...but for some reason those guys tended to get girls like no other in college.
            Why is that?! Seriously, WTF! My buddy was the same way. Chicks would come back to town 10-15 years after highschool and look him up for a one night stand. HOT chicks. Their hot *** sisters. Moms.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Haha there are some great stories here. Those type of people make it at least some what entertaining for the rest of us

Comment

Originally posted by kx250frider617 View Post
                since my older thread got lost, here is the video i was talking about.
                https://vimeo.com/61238777
                The rider is my brother, im pretty much the full time driver.
                So that explains why the pulling out the boat video didn't get used.

Oh and pictures of the Axis and girls or it didn't happen.

Comment

That Tahoe brings the douche factor up a notch. Nice riding, nice boat, why marine stadium? Some better lakes around here than that, plus no pollution. Two questions: 1) Does the tahoe owner where a flat brimmed hat? 2) Did he go to Rent-a-wheel?
                  Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Marine stadium because its 10 min from home, its empty on week days, perfect glass all winter, $12 to use. We like going once a week so the amount we save in gas is huge. Also, the boat is not in the best shape from the start, its a perfect salt water boat to use and not worry about.

The owner is actually what I call a pretty boy!!! not Bro at all. Not Rent a Wheel but definitely "Rent a lowering kit"!! The thing bottoms out from its own weight on small little man hole covers. Whoever had the tahoe before him spent all the money on wheels and didn't have enough for the right suspension. Hey my buddy is dumb enough to buy it so im not too worried.

This is my truck, the regular tow rig. Don't flame me for the BRO riverside look. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X