Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmission/V-drive fluid change 2011 RZ2 (PCM 343)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission/V-drive fluid change 2011 RZ2 (PCM 343)

So i just wanna start off by saying these boats are a pain to work on!!!
    So i started with lifting the floor. Then i only found one dipstick (unsure if there is 2 fluid changes need).
    I then started looking for a drain, but thats kinda hard trying not to damage the fuel tank, and you cant see anything. So i just sucked the fluid out (1 quart) through the dipstick hole, but if didnt seem to get near the bottom.
    Does anybody have experience doing this service?

sounds about right... sucked it out.... and about 1 quart. my same year rz4 as your rz2. I had a post about matching the fluid specs too. it was in the service section. will have to go find it, well its not there. and search is not back up. but I more or less matched the specs of the manual to VR1 racing oil. but not sure without being home which viscosity i used. But I spent a bit of time researching this one, given what the manual calls out for a pcm vdrive just about impossible to get unless you buy a 5 gallon drum.
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Crap i just put Dexron back in it.... Did i screw up??

Comment

Originally posted by What she said View Post
        Crap i just put Dexron back in it.... Did i screw up??
        ok lets back up... dextron III ATF for the trany. but the vdrive per the manual calls out mobiltrans shc 50. so if you only pulled one fluid type out... I am guessing you just changed the trans fluid.. was it redish in color?
        2011 Tigé RZ4
        www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

on the pcm transmission you should get about 1.5 qts out of it...
          once you put your suction tube into it, there is another smaller hole inside the transmission to hit. Once you hit this hole it will allow you to get the fluid from the very bottom of the tranny. If you do not hit this channel in the transmission you will only get about 1 quart out...
          The dip stick on the v-drive actually looks like a bolt/stud. you can use a wrench to unscrew it i believe, and once you loosen it up, the dipstick is basically attached to it...
          The v-drive will take PCM synthetic v-drive fluid and the transmission will take regular atf fluid.
          Hope this helps

Comment

What i pulled out apeared to look and smell like trans fluid so thats what i put in it. So im looking good there, but i still need to do the v-drive.... Do you know what side that v-drive bolt/stud/dipstick is on?

Comment

What i pulled out apeared to look and smell like trans fluid so thats what i put in it. So im looking good there, but i still need to do the v-drive.... Do you know what side that v-drive bolt/stud/dipstick is on?
              Do you have your PCM manual? My '09 343 says to only check the v-drive fluid. Changing the v-drive fluid is not required unless it is contaminated.

And it doesn't have a dipstick, just two threaded plugs.

Comment

I do not have any manuels. I purchased used, and there where not in the boat.

Comment

Downloadable PCM owner's manuals: http://www.pcmengines.com/operation/

Comment

top right side. will look like a square. i think its a 3/8? not sure... a good ole cresent wrench will work though haha

Comment

SCORE! Thanks Dingleberry! I have been looking for a manuel!
                      Thanks for the detailed info Sotexwake!

Comment

Working...
                      X