RZ2 or Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ2 or Z3

I'm thinking about upgrading from my 07 RZ2 to a new either RZ2 or a Z3. I was just wanting some opinion oh what everyone thinks would be the better boat? We've usually got aboout 10 peeps with us at all times. I prefer surfing as does the wife. I wakeboard on occasion but the younger ones would rather wake board. Which boat would be best for both? I'm sure the Z3 has a better surf wake. But I'm wanting the best of both worlds. Also what is MSRP of both boats. wanting to get as much info as I can before I start shopping around

Steven

I have always thought that the MSRP on both boats is very close. The more important is how the supply and demand are going. Right now it seems Z3 is in higher demand, so less %off of MSRP.

You cannot go wrong with either one.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

You know what the RZ2 wake is like, the only difference is the alpha Z tower (Which I love at 5'10", but Talltigeguy does not at 6'XX"???) and the Tige Touch for the dash, and the lack of vision air seat which I love on my boat. The bow ballast has been boxed in so it takes away some of the storage in front of the observer and helm and they moved the cooler to the bow. If you crawl around and take a Z3 out on the water you will make up your mind I'm sure.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Go to www.seedealercost.com to get MSRP and Invoice.

Comment

Like said above. Find a way to take out and water test the Z3. Crawl around in it and spend some time in it. That will help in the decision. You already know the Z3 has a great surf wake and you know you Rz2 and how it does. Either way you can't go wrong.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

The fact that you always take out ~10 people tells me you need the Z3.

Comment

Originally posted by wetcowboy View Post
              Go to www.seedealercost.com to get MSRP and Invoice.
              That's a good website to get a general figure but I don't believe those are the exact numbers..

Comment

wait for the 2014 rz2 =) I do not like the z3.. love the bows on the rz series
                www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
                  wait for the 2014 rz2 =)
                  Hmmm, something new in the pipe for RZ2?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                    Hmmm, something new in the pipe for RZ2?
                    You never know!

Comment

Ive found some reading material that the hull will be redone for 2014 =) already saving all my pennies to upgrade =)
                      www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Can't go wrong with the z3, esp with convex VX. Huge surf wake on both sides, and still really clean wakeboarding wakes.
                        If you decide on the rz series again, why not go with the RZ4 since you always have 10+ people... just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
                          Ive found some reading material that the hull will be redone for 2014 =) already saving all my pennies to upgrade =)
                          Hope you have a big penny jar cause you are going to want it... =)

Comment

Originally posted by sotexwake View Post
                            Can't go wrong with the z3, esp with convex VX. Huge surf wake on both sides, and still really clean wakeboarding wakes.
                            If you decide on the rz series again, why not go with the RZ4 since you always have 10+ people... just a thought...
                            I would pick the Rz2 over the Rz4 any day, never was a fan of the Rz4's wake whether wakeboarding or surfing..if you're after a bigger boat I'd probably pick the Z3.

Comment

Rumor has it the RZ2 is being redone for 2014. However rumor has it, that it might not be done until the 2015 model year. The redesign is coming though.

Comment

Working...
                              X