Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underwater Transom LED Light Recommendations????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underwater Transom LED Light Recommendations????

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good bright underwater LED transom light? I have a 2008 Z1 and want to add these as my next project. I am not looking for the most expensive but also don’t want the cheapest either. Really want to know the best value. Thanks for the feedback.

I have a Z3 and it came with the Seagate on the left side, I liked it a lot so I ordered another from Overtons and had the dealer put it on the right side. They do 3 different colors which is pretty neat. So do my inside LED lights as well as my rings around my westsounds rev 8 and rev 10 speakers. So I can have them all 3 different colors.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...t-Blue&i=90229

Comment

The Lumitec Seablaze lights are good quality with decent output. If you water is murky, I would recommend the 8 over the 4.

If you want a top shelf quality underwater LED with super bright intensity, then look at the Shadow Caster LEDs. They come in a veriaty of colors and come in a 4, 6 and 10 LED assembly and a multi-color 10.

Both are surface mount, so only a small hole for the cable to pass through and the pilot holes for the mounting screws.

Which ever lights you go with, a pair is better then a single. Even if its 2 smaller lights compared to a larger single in the center of the transom. Far better light coverage.

Bmoorewiz, I havent used the 3 color Seablaze, so can you answer a question about it for me? Im assuming that since it has 3 colors and 9 LEDs, there are 3 of each color, so your intensity is 3/4 that if the single color SeaBlaze 4 LED. I know with the dual color 8 LED, only 4 light up a single color.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yea I am really not sure, I never looked at them out of the water...I would assume thats how it works as well, the 3rd color is with all the LED's on instead of just half.

Comment

I gotcha, you had me a little confused. I thought there was something new I hand seen yet. basically the SB-3 #101058 is blue/white dual color with the ability to turn on both the white and blue. I guess it almost looks Tarheel blue?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have two of the small Bullet Lines lights in blue that I got from a fellow Tigeowner for dirt cheap. These. http://www.bulletlines.com.au/Underw...hts-p/1020.htm

I'm very pleased with them. They are brighter than I thought they would be. I know they aren't a very popular choice but, I've been impressed.
            Attached Files
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

CHP,
              I was always shocked at the cost of the lights, are the shadow casters still around $800 per unit?

I will chime in that I had 2 of the Abyss underwater lights on my Mastercraft, and they were the S600, which retail for $200 each. They were somewhat inadequate. Not that the Abyss lights are bad, but the lower end ones are not going to penetrate very much. I was astounded at how bright they were out of the water and how the water ate up that light very quickly. If I were to do them again, I would spend the extra coin. And that was at Lake Powell, where the water is pretty clear. They did look cool as heck when on plane at night, lighting up the wake.
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                CHP,
                I was always shocked at the cost of the lights, are the shadow casters still around $800 per unit?

I will chime in that I had 2 of the Abyss underwater lights on my Mastercraft, and they were the S600, which retail for $200 each. They were somewhat inadequate. Not that the Abyss lights are bad, but the lower end ones are not going to penetrate very much. I was astounded at how bright they were out of the water and how the water ate up that light very quickly. If I were to do them again, I would spend the extra coin. And that was at Lake Powell, where the water is pretty clear. They did look cool as heck when on plane at night, lighting up the wake.
                No. The SC10 single color is $599 ea and the SC4 is $419 The SC-10 Multi-color is $899

Comment

Yikes. I paid $75ea for mine.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

When I bought my Z3 I had them install 3 shadow casters SC10 in the transom one on each side and one on the surf tab.

Can't wait to see it at night !
                    Last edited by Travism; 03-01-2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

This is a very bad picture, but you can see a little of the left side transom light when its on the white color. This is the seablaze.

Comment

I put four of the small Atwood lights on. $110 for a two pack and you can spread them out for a nice wide beam. Been very happy with them. I think you get as much brightness as any light I've seen.

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...erwater-3-inch

Comment

Last year I had the install done and these DeepSea 12 LED on-hull lights are sweet. Strobe and dimmer and they are bright. The water at Lake of the Ozarks isn't the clearest but these leds light up the water.

Check out my post with pics
                          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18576

you can call them (858) 576-1261 X 307 and talk with Erik Goodin or contact him by email erik_goodin@deepsea.com
                          tell him Craig Trudelle told you about the products
                          thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X