Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ2 Engine Issue

Hi All,

Need some advise, I have a 2011 RZ2 with just over 200 hours on here in South Africa.
    Last weekend we took her out for some surfing after summer vacations (The boat stood for a month)
    When accelerating at low revs the boat would lose all power (acceleration) and then all of a sudden accelerate again on its own. When in neutral it wouldn't idle, the revs keep jumping and spiking from say 1000 rpm - 4000 rpm.
    We have now had a full service done on the boat, changed all filters but it still doing the same thing.
    PCM have also sent us a new throttle assembly as they thought it could be something wrong with the sensor or the throttle. But still no joy, it still does the same.

I am hoping someone on here might have experienced this before and knows a solution for us.
    Cheers,
    Bryan

Originally posted by Saffa View Post
    Hi All,

Need some advise, I have a 2011 RZ2 with just over 200 hours on here in South Africa.
    Last weekend we took her out for some surfing after summer vacations (The boat stood for a month)
    When accelerating at low revs the boat would lose all power (acceleration) and then all of a sudden accelerate again on its own. When in neutral it wouldn't idle, the revs keep jumping and spiking from say 1000 rpm - 4000 rpm.
    We have now had a full service done on the boat, changed all filters but it still doing the same thing.
    PCM have also sent us a new throttle assembly as they thought it could be something wrong with the sensor or the throttle. But still no joy, it still does the same.

I am hoping someone on here might have experienced this before and knows a solution for us.
    Cheers,
    Bryan
    You'll find every possible solution here...but just for the hell of it, did the fuel filter(s) get changed??

Comment

They certainly did.
      PCM seemed to think it was the sensor on the throttle assembly, hence sending a new one.
      Just to add, we were getting two errors on the PCM software relating to the throttle sensors.
      Both these errors are now gone, but when you start the boat she just revs up to max revs when in neutral.
      We now wondering if a calibration has to be done on the new throttle assembly.
      Hopefully someone on the forum will know the solution.
      We are 8 hours ahead of America in time so waiting for PCM guys to wake up and give their next steps of advise as well.

Comment

I remember working with a boat this year that had to have a throttle update done to it and we had to replace the I believe throttle bodies or something similar.. I can call the kid that did it if you like, just PM me and I'll call him this afternoon! What motor is in your Rz2?

Comment

I have the 5.7L 343HP

Comment

Same motor then just sent him a message let you know his response.

Comment

We had to update the PCM's, ECM and adjust the throttle bodies for a hanging throttle issue, PCM mailed or emailed them the update and then he installed it and adjusted everything to spec again (he is a tech at my Tige Dealer) but one thing he did mention was you have to have Diacom software..

Comment

It can't be something as simple as a loose or disconnected ground somewhere could it?
                2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

PCM had some issues with a batch of their inline fuel filters. I went through 2 in the first 35 hours of use with my 2011 R20. I ended up bringing my filter to a local auto parts store (I went to NAPA) and got an equivalent filter and have had no more problems. My dealer did verify that there were problems with some of the PCM filters, so I would bet that there is a good chance that this is your problem as well. At the very least, it is a pretty cheap test to try before spending more money on a more expensive part.

Comment

My did the same and it was a throttle position sensor, mine is a 2004 so not sure if yours could be the same issue. My RPM's would fluctuate when running and would die at idle.

Comment

Working...
                    X