Surfgate Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfgate Demo

So my buddy who is a Malibu guy called me Saturday and asked if I wanted to demo the surfgate with him, sure I always have an open mind. We get there and salesman A is running behind on a delivery and can't take us out so Salesman B takes us out on a 23' after a 1/2 hr couldn't get surfgate to work, then we go back in and A is back from delivery, took extra long becuase they had problems with electronics, then A & B take us out on a 21' (I think-I do not know Bu boats). It worked, the boat had 900lbs ballast plus wedge. My buddy has an 08' (VTX? 20' 10") The 2013 looks identical-same colors vinyl and all. Only difference was surfgate and maliview. Maliview seemed very cumbersome to use watching the salesman fiddle with it. I guess it was cool do a "transfer" but for my buddy to sell his 08 that he just got for $47k to get a new one for $88k+/- just didn't seem worth it. The surf wake did not really "WOW" me. My Z1 with 2 extra sacs seemed much better, but then they also said if they added saces it would be better as well. I guess I am just a hardcore Tige fan! Anyone know if the Tige touch is as cumbersome as the Maliview to figure out (not that I am upgrading anytime soon)? It seemed like a major PITA. Maybe I am showing my age but I just want to go boating not mess another computer system that myself, wife and anyone who drives my boat has to learn.
    Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

My personal opinion on the whole Maliview deal is they need to get rid of the 2 screens and go to 1 screen that does everything. I understand one is an add on but come on they could just add some modules and software and get it down to 1 screen.

Comment

My opinion is the maliview is like a droid and the tige touch is like an i phone.

Comment

Guess these salesmen should learn the boat and how to work everything before they demo a boat to a buyer. That's a sure way to loose a sale.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Working...
        X