• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's some beautiful work

Comment

That is very cool. Lots of shavings.

Comment

really looks get - thx for sharing. So where's the other half?
        Last edited by jbort; 01-24-2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Very nice looking wood project. Nice wall shelf. The laminated wood is beautiful.

Is the other half on the other side of the wall?
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Dang, did you surf it first before slicing it in half?

That is an cool idea and excellently executed.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That is killer... Great job

Comment

Nice mantle, dude! Cool idea.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

awesome...willing to part with the other half?...$
                  Squid
                  squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks guys, its something I have wanted to do for a long time so before we had enough snow to play on here in tahoe I finally started it. This one was just a practice one and that's why its cut in half and is now my fireplace mantel. Sorry the other half is already spoken for but maybe i will make some more? It was still tough to cut in half without trying to surf it but like I said this was the practice one. At some point im going to make a mini longboard to actually surf. Glad you guys like it stay tuned for what's next.

Comment

I was shocked to see it mounted on the wall, I kept scrolling down waiting to see it behind a boat, pitted in a sweet curl! What an awesome idea for a mantel or shelf. If its cost effective I am positve you could find a few buyers on these forums? And maybe you can sell all those shavings to a local pet store for animal cage bedding? JK
                      Awesome work

Comment

Originally posted by brett22i View Post
                        I was shocked to see it mounted on the wall, I kept scrolling down waiting to see it behind a boat, pitted in a sweet curl! What an awesome idea for a mantel or shelf. If its cost effective I am positve you could find a few buyers on these forums? And maybe you can sell all those shavings to a local pet store for animal cage bedding? JK
                        Awesome work
                        Yeah I really want to try and surf one so I will be making another one. I might have to think about your idea of making some for others. It takes a lot of time but it would give me the chance to make more to get better at it and recoup some of the expense of making them. This one I did out of a lower grade of redwood to keep the cost down. The next one will be a better grade of readwood.

Comment

Yeah you could hide alot of guinea pigs in there. Lol. Im using the shavings as fire starter, works good.

Comment

I was scrolling too...waiting to see in in the water............a good coating, some work on the rails, a little more rocker.........it would go!

Comment

Working...
                            X