2006 24VE cruise control question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 24VE cruise control question

Just sold my 06 20i and found a beautiful 2006 24VE. Question is...I'm not sure what the factory cruise control is called on the 2006 and if it's sufficient or not. I recall reading somewhere that PP wouldn't work with the mairne power 340hp from 2006.

I believe it has the factory oval control that has the center set button with increase/decrease buttons on each side.

Does that system work well?

thanks, Brian

I have a 2007 24ve with the 340 Marine Power and the factory oval button cruise control (Tige Speedset?) It works great. It's a marriage saver.

Comment

Originally posted by bkstroop View Post
      Just sold my 06 20i and found a beautiful 2006 24VE. Question is...I'm not sure what the factory cruise control is called on the 2006 and if it's sufficient or not. I recall reading somewhere that PP wouldn't work with the mairne power 340hp from 2006.

I believe it has the factory oval control that has the center set button with increase/decrease buttons on each side.

Does that system work well?

thanks, Brian
      You are correct. You cannot retrofit that with PP. But the Tige cruise works fine. I have a friend with a 2006. You hit the rocker switch, and then push the button on the pad. There is no digital readout, and there is a tiny blinking light on the keypad that let's you know it is engaged. Often you cannot see the light with ambient sunlight around. I don't think it is the best, but it works fine. But you will never be able to replace it with PP.
      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
      X