Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hours

After searching a few boats we've decided we r gunna buy another tige (22ve or RZ2) we will ok for a 2010 or newer. Question is how many hours do the PCM motors go if maintained properly. Think it's probably better to pay a little more and get less hours. Thoughts? How many hours do guys have on there boats. Thanks

Correct Craft has been running PCM for like 20 years.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would think it would be like anything else proper maintenace it will out last any other part of the boat I have friends with 1500+ hours on a boat and still going strong!

Comment

1500-2000+ is very doable with proper maintenance.

Comment

if your going with a 3 year old boat.. I think you can estimate at least 100 per year so I think if you can find one with under 400 that is a 2010 you will be great motor wise... but I am sure there are some out there with far less and far more... hard to say like a car what typical or book usage is given the seasons are different all over?
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Great thanks that's the info I needed

Comment

Boat dealers use 100hrs per year as a round number to estimate usage.
              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Depends on the area. Here is Minnesota 50-75 is average, further north that is probably a more real number for you than 100 per year.

Comment

Common question. 2000 hours is what I often hear as to how long a motor should last without a major rebuild.

I would rather own a 2010 with 250 hours, than one with 20 hours. Sometimes boats break down more without being used, than with being used.

Resale is the only problem. The average Joe is going to think he can beat you down on price if your boat has 400 hours on it. So the lower hour ones get sold first, regardless of the fact that I don't think you can find a 2010 or newer with enough hours on it to worry about wearing out the engine.
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                    Common question. 2000 hours is what I often hear as to how long a motor should last without a major rebuild.

I would rather own a 2010 with 250 hours, than one with 20 hours. Sometimes boats break down more without being used, than with being used.

Resale is the only problem. The average Joe is going to think he can beat you down on price if your boat has 400 hours on it. So the lower hour ones get sold first, regardless of the fact that I don't think you can find a 2010 or newer with enough hours on it to worry about wearing out the engine.
                    Thanks never really looked at it that way. Where we are at hours are low to very short season. We sold our 07 with 160 hours on it.

Comment

My first 77 Sea Arrow still had the orginal merc 302 in it, still ran like a champ. I couldnt even begin to guess the amount of hrs on it. But I was the 3rd owner and since 77 it easly saw 100+ hrs per year. Proper maintenance will go a long way. Thats not to say external motor accessories wont go out or various other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
                        My first 77 Sea Arrow still had the orginal merc 302 in it, still ran like a champ. I couldnt even begin to guess the amount of hrs on it. But I was the 3rd owner and since 77 it easly saw 100+ hrs per year. Proper maintenance will go a long way. Thats not to say external motor accessories wont go out or various other issues.
                        500 hours and 5 years. Not one problem on MP 6.0L. I dread when I do have an issue and I have to take it to the Forte boys. The sign out front says, "Double hourly rate for Democrats".

Comment

Working...
                        X