Family Marines 2013 Z3 Custom Tower and Audio Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Marines 2013 Z3 Custom Tower and Audio Build

Family Marine has decided to do something different this year. We've ordered and received a 2013 Z3 with no tower and base Wet Sounds audio system installed. In the coming days we will begin to get to work on this project.

We feel like it's time to show off our skills in custom tower and audio installs. Keith in our service department is a great technician. I mean, find me another tech who can go from wrenching, to custom audio, ballast, and tower installs, and do it in a clean, timely fashion. The guys got skills. I just sell and order the stuff.

Once completed the boat can be seen at the 2013 Minneapolis Boat Show. I'd like invite you all to follow along as I attempt to keep up with the projects and photograph as we go. Then come visit us in Minneapolis at the Boat Show.

Here are the first two photos. Once we get things rolling I will detail what we will be installing. For now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed my tower shows up real soon. Lots of work to do!

www.familymarineboats.com
    www.facebook.com/familymarine
    Attached Files

I see some 808's, Rev-10's and a Rev410 Looks like its going to be an awesome build, cant wait to see the pics.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

x2 on that chp!! good stuff excited to see the end result.
      2011 Tigé RZ4
      www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Im jealous of whats in those boxes
        Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

What tower are you planning that is better than the Alpha Z? Stereo is going to be awesome.

Comment

Boardman, I wouldn't say better than, I would say different than the Alpha Z. Still a very high quality tower, just going to be something different. We're not so sure the Alpha Z is for everyone, and we wanted to challenge ourselves a little bit. We're going with a Samson tower. I'm not quite ready to reveal which one yet! I'm confident it will really look great though!

We had considered doing a custom ballast install as well, but for the show we felt we'd leave that option to the customer. Gigantic custom sacs aren't for everyone.

www.familymarineboats.com
            www.facebook.com/familymarine

Authorized dealers for:
            Wet Sounds
            Fly High
            Samson
            Liquid Force
            H.O.
            Hyperlite

Comment

be fun to see the different approach....bring on the pics

Comment

Man, I really hope it's the Blade or something new. I can't imagine any of their other towers being that appealing on the Z3.

Comment

I think the Roswell Pro Edge tower would be sweet on the Z3 but I'm not sure you can buy that tower aftermarket can you?

Comment

This should be cool! The Alpha Z has lots of tower speaker limitations so I could see why you might want to try something new out. Good luck!

Comment

Look what showed up. Yes, it IS a Samson Blade. With forward and aft facing lights, lighted rope saver, Sunbrella Bimini top, mirror, and of course as we use on all Tigés sold at Family Marine, Typhoon Swivel board racks. There's still a good chance we will go with a Protomet High Def mirror on this boat yet. I just HAPPEN to have a few in stock.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

ok now that we know the tower is red.. lets see some pics of this boat before hand... so we can see some before and after shots!
                          2011 Tigé RZ4
                          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

gcombe74, as soon as we get it on a trailer and inside I will for sure be posting photos, as of now its out in the yard, cold.

Audio and electrical components are as follows.

- 12 Volt dual battery switch w/ voltage sensitive charging module
                            - Group 27 Deep cycle batteries (2)
                            - Transom underwater LED light bars (3)
                            - Cockpit LED's
                            - Seat cutout/cupholder/grabhandle area LED's
                            - Wet Sounds LED rings for tower speakers
                            - ws-420i (recessed and dash mounted)
                            - HT-2 (2)
                            - HT-4 (2)
                            - XS-650-S cockpit speakers (6)
                            - XS-10FA-S4 subwoofer
                            - REV-10W (2)
                            - Rev-410W

Comment

This is a sweet build, I'll definitely be checking this boat out at the Minneapolis show!

Comment

Working...
                              X