Height of tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Height of tower

Looking at a possible shelter and need to know the height I will need for the door.Gunna buy a 2009 or newer 22ve or Rz2 next year but got a possible good deal on a shelter now. Just need to know height on trailer of course without folding down tower. Thanks and hope everyones holidays treated you well.

You will need at least a 10' door. You shouldn't have any problems with that height. I keep a 2010 22ve and my 2013 Z3 in the same building and it has a 10' door and 12' side walls. It seems to have plenty of room.

Comment

IIRC, my 06 Ve on a tandem axle with 14" wheels was 11+ with tower (E-series) up. Id bet that one with an Alpha-Z will be a bit shorter regardless of trailer make. My 14" wheels were rapped with 205/70's, so they had a decent DIA, about 25". Thats about what a 15" wheel with a lower profile 60 would be.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

10 foot door would probably the minimum I'd go in both of our shops one has a 14 foot doors 12 wide and the other is 12 foot doors with 12 wide. Guess I would rather have the door be a few feet to tall never know what your next purchase could be boat, motorhome, etc rather have the overhead clearance and not ever worry about it then be looking at a new toy and going hmm wonder if it'll fit.. just my 2cents

Comment

you'll need a 12' door

Comment

Thanks guys--Think I will build my own boat/car port.

Comment

Originally posted by Roostergolf View Post
              You will need at least a 10' door. You shouldn't have any problems with that height. I keep a 2010 22ve and my 2013 Z3 in the same building and it has a 10' door and 12' side walls. It seems to have plenty of room.
              Originally posted by lancehon View Post
              you'll need a 12' door
              Lancehon, your profile says that you have a 2008, which does not have the shorter alpha Z tower, why do you think he needs a 12' door when a guy who has the boat says 10 is enough?
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Just me two cents again...If you don't need the 12' door don't buy it. It's just another added expense. On the other hand if you have something else larger, you may opt to go with the 12. I built my 30 x 40 building to house the boat only. Pretty expensive garage, but that much money for the boats...I didn't want to leave them outside in the elements. Another good idea may be to add another door on the other end. This is what I did, and I can pull it all the way through. Plus, I added water and a drain. This is nice to have to wash the boat in the SHADE! Texas summers are sometimes brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Roostergolf View Post
                  Just me two cents again...If you don't need the 12' door don't buy it. It's just another added expense. On the other hand if you have something else larger, you may opt to go with the 12. I built my 30 x 40 building to house the boat only. Pretty expensive garage, but that much money for the boats...I didn't want to leave them outside in the elements. Another good idea may be to add another door on the other end. This is what I did, and I can pull it all the way through. Plus, I added water and a drain. This is nice to have to wash the boat in the SHADE! Texas summers are sometimes brutal.
                  That is the way to go right there.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I understand the 10' door will work for the boat, but why limit yourself? I have 10' doors on my shop and have been limited by them many times. Just my 2 cents worth

Comment

Originally posted by lancehon View Post
                      I understand the 10' door will work for the boat, but why limit yourself? I have 10' doors on my shop and have been limited by them many times. Just my 2 cents worth
                      Agreed, what about resale value?

Comment

Why stop at 12' then? Go to 14 or 16' for a travel trailer, Tractor, ect.. The sky is the limit. I was just offering info that was not as expensive. The inital cost of the building is going to rise. You will need higher side walls. Pretty much a bigger building, but if money is no object...There ya go.

Comment

Although the Tige with Alpha Z can fit under a 10 foot door, most other boats cannot. My 2005 Tige wouldn't. My Malibu with Titan tower wouldn't and MC X 45 wouldn't either. I never thought that I would leave the Tige family, but it happened, so I would go for a 12 foot door. Also for the other reasons listed above, particularly for resale. The next guy that buys my house might have an RV he wants in there, and 10 feet will not do it. So I did go for 12 feet.

But if 10 feet fits for your circumstances, then do it that way.

Comment

Does anyone know the minimum height requirement for a wet slip for a 2011 RZ2?

Comment

Originally posted by supervol0509 View Post
                              Does anyone know the minimum height requirement for a wet slip for a 2011 RZ2?
                              That is going to be a good question, most of us know the height on the trailer.

On a side note, when this thread started 10 years ago, there were boats made that fit with the tower up under a 10 foot door. I don't think there are any new boats now that would fit under that. And I think there are some that I do not think would fit under a 12 foot door with the tower up. I never would have thunk that a thing 10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X