Missing interior 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing interior 21V

Hi all. I've recently picked up a 2000 21V that is going to require a bit of work, starting with the fact that all the removable seat cushions are gone. Does any one know of a salvage yard or similar that might have replacements?

Can you make replacements that fit out of a marine grade plywood and than have it upholstered? I would assume any 00' upholstery would about need redone anyways
    Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

Because I know my 04' does
      Ain't no 1/2 steppin'

Comment

Best of luck finding a hole interior that would actually be in decent shape. I would budget to have an upholstery shop do the whole interior and just cut out new seat bottoms. .5" composite decking would work best. Theres a brand name that wont come to me right now, but its commonly used by by dock builders as opposed to treated wood or marine-grade. It comes in 4 x 8 sheets.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah, fair enough. I think I'll need to get an interior shop to do the whole lot. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Congrats

I just got the same boat! Needs some TLC as well. Guess I should be happy there is some seats though
            Last edited by Blaze Sr.; 11-08-2012, 05:31 AM.
            2000 21V Fox Riders Edition
            2007 Chevy Duramax crew cab short bed

Comment

Hey, I'm jealous,

Comment

Good luck on the new boat. The 21v is a great, versitile hull. They were built like tanks. Our interior is quite simple and would be easy to duplicate for an interior shop. Here are a couple of pics. Had ours redone last year. Post up pics as soon as you can as that is a forum requirement! Keep us posted on your progress and welcome to the Tige family.
                IMG_0259.jpg

Comment

Nice work there Laserfish, looks good. Here's a couple of pics of my 21V. It's had a pretty hard life and looks pretty sad and sorry at the moment. Although the hull looks ok. Still yet to have a good look at the motor & running gear. But once that's sorted will get the interior underway.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That one has the upgraded interior. A good shop should be able to duplicate for you, especially since you have one seat bottom and a bunch of photos you can download from this site. Did you ever find out what happend to the seats? Good luck and keep the pics coming as you progress.

Comment

I imagine there's a really comfy hobo out there somewhere, drinking from a brown paper bag and reclining on a sweet looking red/white 21V interior.
                      By the way, where would I find the photos on this site? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        Best of luck finding a hole interior that would actually be in decent shape. I would budget to have an upholstery shop do the whole interior and just cut out new seat bottoms. .5" composite decking would work best. Theres a brand name that wont come to me right now, but its commonly used by by dock builders as opposed to treated wood or marine-grade. It comes in 4 x 8 sheets.
                        King Starboard? I think that is what I would use. The stuff is pretty stout, and .5" might be even a little thicker than needed.
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Talltigeguy do you know what the size of the gas tank cover is. Because I like that King Starboard and im thinking of putting that as a gas tank cover..

Width, length and thickness?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
                            That one has the upgraded interior. A good shop should be able to duplicate for you, especially since you have one seat bottom and a bunch of photos you can download from this site. Did you ever find out what happend to the seats? Good luck and keep the pics coming as you progress.
                            Yup. That is the Limited interior. Laserfish's is the Riders interior.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                              King Starboard? I think that is what I would use. The stuff is pretty stout, and .5" might be even a little thicker than needed.
                              It's also extremely expensive. You can get 1/2" marine ply for about a 1/3 the cost. Don't get me wrong, it cool stuff and will never rot. Marine ply will take about 15-20 years before it needs to be replaced.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X