How my Tige hurt me HAHAHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How my Tige hurt me HAHAHA

More so the wake was huge and I went a little to big. Anyway Aug 17th I went out for a sesh, everything was good, warming up I just went for a simple tantrum but hit some chop or something but I got pitched pretty weird. I landed it but as soon as the board hit the water I hard a loud crack and down I went. At first i was bummed cuz i thought I broke my board which was a brand new Ronix Viva. My leg hurt pretty bad but I looked up and I see my leg just dangling on its own in the water. I ended up breaking my femur. I had 4 buddies jump into the water and slowly carry me out and lay me on the back deck. They beached the boat as close to shore as possible in about knee high water for the paramedics to come. Paramedics gave me morphine so I wouldn't feel the pain of the splint they were putting on, it stretches your leg. I was then taken to the hospital and had surgery that night. The doctors drilled out all the bone marrow and hammered in a rod that goes from my hip to my knee down the center and two screws, 15 staples. Anyway, 11 weeks later I still need a cructh to walk and probably won't even be able to get back riding until Feb. Its been a slow and some what painfull process but all in all its not nearly as bad as I would have thought.

Let me know is you all wanna see pictures of the X-rays.

Glad you are recovering. Wish you a continued speedy recovery.

My little sister broke her femur about six years ago sledding. She had the same process as yours. She was into dancing and and tumbling and recovered well.

Comment

Comment

wow..that looks severe. That had to be a hard hit to make a bone of that magnitude to break. Best of luck with your recovery and getting back on the water.
        Nick
        Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Ouch! Best wishes on a full recovery.

Comment

I bet you wished your board did brake! I hope you make a full recovery, good luck.

Comment

That is knarly right there bud. Sorry for your pain.
              During the summer of 09 we were at Banks lake and helped take a dude to shore in our boat that broke his femur trying to wakeboard behind a waverunner. Four of us got him out of the water with a beach towel and lifted him onto the sunpad. He was in major pain and yelling in russian.
              His buddy that spoke english said he didn't have insurance, go figure.
              Formertigeowners.com
              I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Thanks everyone, yea that was the last thing I was ever expecting, I thought I would blow my face out before that. But damn no insurance isn't smart, I could have bought a brand new tige rz2 for the price of all the doctors bills and ambulance rides etc.

I am just shocked on how loud the break was, It was like a pine tree fallin over.

Comment

OUCH.I've had my share of injuries,but none that severe.Hope you have a speedy recovery.
                  I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Damn dude! Nice work. You definitely made sure it was all the way broken. Hopefully you be back to normal soon. At least you'll have a good story and a good scar to show the ladies.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Ouch!! Ive broken my nose before but hope to god not to do this!!

Comment

Good luck with a quick recovery. This injury, and head or neck injuries scare me more than anything.

Just curious exactly how you think it happened. Did one foot come out of the bindings? I am never quite sure the exact mechanism in these fractures, but one foot in, one foot out, seems most common.
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Ouch. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Those x-rays sum up why wakesurfing is growing fast in popularity. Gotta try really hard to get an injury that bad at 10 mph!

Comment

I am very suprised how it happened. All it was, was a tantrum. My feet never came out which is a good thing because if it did i would have had a compound fracture and bled everywhere in the ocean. I think i might have just not had my full rotation and landed with the board vertically putting all the weight on my back leg. But you have to remember its everything combined= alot of forces, the 24 mph boat speed+the edging speed of the rider+ the 8 feet in the air+ the rotation of the flip.

But i also think it was fractured before hand since I've been having pain in the same spot it broke. It was just a freak accident.

Comment

Its not the the exact jump that broke me but same trick on my old board

Comment

Working...
                              X