Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember to change your OTHER fuel filter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That FCC filter picture above looks fine to me. I still see white in the pleats, I would personally leave it in for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
      That FCC filter picture above looks fine to me. I still see white in the pleats, I would personally leave it in for another season.
      I understand, and not arguing. But I'm fanatical about proper maintenance, and following the manufacturer's instructions leaves no doubt about the warranty on my $10,000 engine. PCM says to change it annually, so I do.

More to the point, consider those who haven't ever changed that (or another) filter. If it looks like this after just one season, imagine what it looks like after a few more.

Also, I often hear people say things like "It just doesn't have the same punch/holeshot/get-up-and-go that it used to" and I wonder if little things like this add up to the reason.

All in all, IMHO a couple of filters, a few quarts of oil and ATF fluid, etc. are cheap insurance to keep my engine running strong for many years to come.

Comment

I'll take apart my fuel/water filter/separator in the spring and let you know, at that point it will be on it's sixth season.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
          I'll take apart my fuel/water filter/separator in the spring and let you know, at that point it will be on it's sixth season.
          Do you at least drain your fuel/water separator annually? You definitely don't want to let water sit in there for long periods.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
            Do you at least drain your fuel/water separator annually? You definitely don't want to let water sit in there for long periods.
            I never have. Just when I finally changed the filter this summer.

Comment

How much water did you get out of it?

Comment

Working...
              X