Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else relocate their inline fuel filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else relocate their inline fuel filter?

My inline fuel filter was originally located sort of under the front port engine/v-drive mount. It was awkward to reach before I installed my ballast pumps (near the factory's pump locations), and now was nearly impossible.

So I relocated it rearward, by exchanging its two hoses. The front hose (running to the fuel tank) is much shorter than the rear (running to the "fuel cell", really the low and high pressure fuel pumps and the fuel/water separating filter). By exchanging them, the inline fuel filter ends up next to and below the starter, easily accessed through the engine divider on that side.

Just an idea if you also find your inline fuel filter a bit difficult to reach.

Good idea man! I will have to do this to mine when I winterize it soon.

Thanks,
    Robert

Comment

Gosh I don't even know where mine is. I do need to do something with my gas tank vent. It can sometimes get submerged while surfing, it has a 1 way valve on it, but it still scares me.
      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
        I do need to do something with my gas tank vent. It can sometimes get submerged while surfing, it has a 1 way valve on it, but it still scares me.
        I worry about that too. Mine also has the one-way valve, but I'm going to lengthen the hose so I can put a loop in it. Beyond that, the next step would be to install a new fuel tank vent higher (and perhaps forward) and just cap off the existing one.

Comment

Working...
        X