Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spokane's local Tige dealer drops the brand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spokane's local Tige dealer drops the brand...

Just had this confirmed by the dealer's Service Coordinator. They've carried Nautique as their towboat brand for a long time and decided to refocus on them for that category.

They are still a PCM certified shop (due to Nautique using PCM exclusively) so at least they can service the later Tige powertrains.

This leaves Spokane Tige owners with no Tige dealer for hundreds of miles in any direction. Both of the nearest two are on the other side of serious mountain passes and many, many hours of driving/towing.

Too bad to hear. It seems that Tige is gaining popularity but the dealer network is now failing.

Hopefully Tige can make it painless to get needed parts without having to drag your / other TO boats for long distances.

Comment

Did you support the brand by buying local???

Comment

Is this the same dealer you indicated you didnt like and would not do biz with and thats why you purchased out of state?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by thtrog View Post
          Ouch.

One of the main reasons he bought out of state was that he got a great deal on a new leftover boat.
          Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
            Ouch.

One of the main reasons he bought out of state was that he got a great deal on a new leftover boat.
            I understand why people buy out of market area, but how can you complain when a local dealer goes under? Why start a thread that you are mad or confused when you didn't support them?

Comment

When I moved here last December I called to get my boat winterized by the local Tige shop, Tobler marine. I had already drained all the water out before driving up here from TX but I wanted to get the oil changed and all the other items for winterization done by the dealer. They told me they were too busy getting ready for the local boat show and I'd be fine as is, but I could do the rest if I want. So I tried to give them my business for this very reason but they turned me away. I understand they were busy for a boat show but a new customer moving into the area with a boat your are supposed to service and turning away customer money was weird to me. I guess Tige was never a priority for them.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                When I moved here last December I called to get my boat winterized by the local Tige shop, Tobler marine. I had already drained all the water out before driving up here from TX but I wanted to get the oil changed and all the other items for winterization done by the dealer. They told me they were too busy getting ready for the local boat show and I'd be fine as is, but I could do the rest if I want. So I tried to give them my business for this very reason but they turned me away. I understand they were busy for a boat show but a new customer moving into the area with a boat your are supposed to service and turning away customer money was weird to me. I guess Tige was never a priority for them.
                I understand not wanting to work with a shop if they don't offer good customer service. I also understand wanting to get the most for your money when you purchase a boat. I guess it's not my place to criticize WA's thread when I don't own a Tige and it is unfortunate they pushed on brand over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by thtrog View Post
                  I purchased as local as i could,but it's still 3 hour drive.I got a Email from North atlantic marine group that they were only a service facility now.[where i bought my first Tige]
                  I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                    Absolutely correct. And I supported the BRAND by buying a Tige.

Comment

Supporting the brand will be accomplished regardless of where a boat is purchased.

It is as essential to support the Dealer when buying a new boat.

Not all Tige's can be bought and especially serviced by a single Dealer.

Comment

I am sure Dom can tell you but any PCM issues the same dealer can still handle warranty. Any other warranty issues your gonna have to drive or work with Dom to figure out. Good luck it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by helmut View Post
                          I am sure Dom can tell you but any PCM issues the same dealer can still handle warranty.
                          As long as they remain a PCM certified shop, yes. Since they continue to carry Nautique, they are likely to remain a PCM shop.

Any other warranty issues your gonna have to drive or work with Dom to figure out.
                          Since Forte's is 2800 miles away from me, I don't think I'll be driving the boat to them - though I sincerely wish they were my local dealer!

With respect to Tige-specific warranty issues, I've been working directly with Tige and they have been absolutely great so far.

Comment

There have been various dealers of different brands that either went out of business or stopped selling wake boats in Oregon and Washington in the past couple years.
                            This post doesn't surprise me at all.
                            Formertigeowners.com
                            I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

Working...
                            X