Calling anybody with a wrapped boat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling anybody with a wrapped boat!!!

Anybody with a wrap on their rig have suggestions for cleaning? I have seen the threads for gel coats but am curious about the best way to clean a wrap. Like most, I wipe my boat down everytime and wash frequentlty but can't get the spots off (I know black doesn't help). I've been told just mild soap and water but that doesn't get it done for me (maybe just picky).

I am not any help but could you please tell me where you got your wrap from and post some before and after pics if you have!! thanks

Comment

I have a lot of black on my wrap, I use the hot sauce made by boat bling and it works great.

Comment

Have you used any chemicals, or harsh soaps on your vinyl wrap? You might have caused spotting due the chemicals in the soap(s) that you have used.

Comment

Best for water spots (hard water) is 50/50 water nd white vinegar.. let it set for a bit, then wipe it dry. Go back with detailing wax (spray on).
          Not sure if this helps any.
          So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Your boat wrap is most likely just a 3M plastic. You don't need to go nuts on using special products. I've wrapped my last two boats and I've found sprayaway glass cleaner to work the best.(white can with a blue lid, it's at any grocery store) I use it on every part of gel and wrap and it's never dulled or removed any wax. Here's a pic of my most recent wrapped boat.

Temporarily not a TO, but not gone forever... RID22 (Formerly K***k'n Futs!)

Comment

Originally posted by hartattack View Post
              I am not any help but could you please tell me where you got your wrap from and post some before and after pics if you have!! thanks
              I had the boat wrapped at Elevation Wraps in Austin. They are awesome! Here are a few extra pics.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Raffit78 View Post
                I have a lot of black on my wrap, I use the hot sauce made by boat bling and it works great.
                Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by hyphen79 View Post
                  Have you used any chemicals, or harsh soaps on your vinyl wrap? You might have caused spotting due the chemicals in the soap(s) that you have used.
                  No chemicals. Only mild soap and water.

Comment

Originally posted by RID22 View Post
                    Your boat wrap is most likely just a 3M plastic. You don't need to go nuts on using special products. I've wrapped my last two boats and I've found sprayaway glass cleaner to work the best.(white can with a blue lid, it's at any grocery store) I use it on every part of gel and wrap and it's never dulled or removed any wax. Here's a pic of my most recent wrapped boat.

Haven't heard that one!! Do you wax over the wrap? Seems like the cleaner would dull the wrap and/or the gel (I realize you said it hasn't Nice wrap btw (would look better on a Tige LOL).
                    Haven't heard that one!! Do you wax over the wrap? Seems like the cleaner would dull the wrap and/or the gel (I realize you said it hasn't Nice wrap btw (would look better on a Tige LOL).[/

Comment

Originally posted by Raffit78 View Post
                      According to Patrick at Boat Bling they sent a sample of Hot Sauce to 3M and they OK'd it for any of their wraps. Just ordered some for my boat. BTW whoever posted the coupon code (Tige) it saved me the shipping and handling on my order. Thanks!!

Comment

Don't have a wrap but the hot sauce works great.

Comment

jmoore15,

Here is some information for 3m Wrap wash and cleaner. I normally use half vinegar and water on all clean and new boat wraps, but for more professional cleaners check these out on our site. Great looking wraps on this thread btw!

WRAP WASH 32 oz A super concentrated high foaming and lubricanting cleanser. Removes tough road film, oil, dirt and residue easily Does not require wetting wrap first. Mix 2 ounces with a gallon of water, wipe with a soft rag or sponge, rinse off while still wet. 16 washes per qt.

WRAP POLISH 8 oz Restores original luster to dull finishes, removes light scratches minor clear coat damage. Made with a unique blend of resins, not wax, that gently remove oxidization and pollution. Provides a deep long lasting shine and excellent water beading. Will not chip, crack or turn yellow. Simply wipe-on approximately 2 ounces of product and wife -off. Safe for use on clear coats, gel coats, acrylics, plastic paints, epoxies, urethane, vinyl graphics, and wraps. 4 polishes per bottle.

http://wakegraphics.com/services/pro...h-wrap-polish/

Comment

Working...
                          X