Throttle Assembly Loose! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Assembly Loose! HELP!

Have everybody coming over for the Fourth and now my boat has difficulty going into neutral... The plastic chrome looking piece is not staying put.. I have to move it and play with it to get it to go into neutral.. not safe at all.. have the side dash pulled apart and Im looking behind it and dont see any screws to tighten it up.. take some pictures if I need to but if anybody can clue me in quick let me know! PLEASE!!!!!

This last picture shows the plastic/chrome piece around the throttle that is slipping.. the other pics are the backside of the throttle but none look loose nor do they appear to be able to tighten the neutral lock piece....
    Last edited by h2osk8er00; 07-01-2011, 04:08 PM.

Tige came and picked my boat up Monday drove it to Abilene fixed it and dropped it off at my house yesterday
    O and we got our boat for 55 we put 10 grand down went with the 7 year loan the monthly payment is only 650 but we want to pay it off in 4 5 years so we are going to pay more Pentagon Federal gave us a 5 % and when ever your ready for this let me know when you boat starts working again I will put my boat right up against yours and hang right with ya

And to add to it all you think that because you bought a 55k boat and have a 1k payment (please send me the name of your creditor... so I know never to use them) that you are somehow better than someone like me and my 20k boat..?? please.. I will put my boat right up against yours and hang right with ya.. minus the boards falling off onto my passengars.. It's called boating with Murphy's Law.. get used to it..Good Luck, sounds like you may have some karma headed your way.

Comment

I think there is a cotter pin (or roll pin) that goes through the handle base (near the chrome ring) I don't see one, did it come out... maybe that is why the throttle is moving freely and failing to engage in gear??

Mine had a little roll pin piece that went through a hole in the base of the throttel handle, and it would come loose. We kept an eye on it so as not to let it fall out completely. Ultimately had to expand (spread it out a little) and then re insert it to to make it stay put.
      Last edited by spyderwebb; 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

K&C - any chance of saying that again in a manner that is legible? Better yet, say it in
        YOUR OWN EFFIN' THREAD!

Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
          K&C - any chance of saying that again in a manner that is legible? Better yet, say it in
          YOUR OWN EFFIN' THREAD!

True that!!!
          I was reading it and thinking what was that rant all about and why the hell post it on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Kight & Christine View Post
            Tige came and picked my boat up Monday drove it to Abilene fixed it and dropped it off at my house yesterday
            O and we got our boat for 55 we put 10 grand down went with the 7 year loan the monthly payment is only 650 but we want to pay it off in 4 5 years so we are going to pay more Pentagon Federal gave us a 5 % and when ever your ready for this let me know when you boat starts working again I will put my boat right up against yours and hang right with ya

And to add to it all you think that because you bought a 55k boat and have a 1k payment (please send me the name of your creditor... so I know never to use them) that you are somehow better than someone like me and my 20k boat..?? please.. I will put my boat right up against yours and hang right with ya.. minus the boards falling off onto my passengars.. It's called boating with Murphy's Law.. get used to it..Good Luck, sounds like you may have some karma headed your way.
            Hey, do us all a favor and go play on the train tracks somewhere...

Originally posted by spyderwebb View Post
            I think there is a cotter pin (or roll pin) that goes through the handle base (near the chrome ring) I don't see one, did it come out... maybe that is why the throttle is moving freely and failing to engage in gear??

Mine had a little roll pin piece that went through a hole in the base of the throttel handle, and it would come loose. We kept an eye on it so as not to let it fall out completely. Ultimately had to expand (spread it out a little) and then re insert it to to make it stay put.
            I'll have to check it out.. I didn't see anything like that when my buddy and I dissected the throttle components. Found out the the assembly that mounts inside the lever itself was installed upside down somehow... I'm going to look at it again tomorrow... because from what I could see.. the throttle assembly is just not seated properly in the side dash where it's mounted... thanks for the help..

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
            YOUR OWN EFFIN' THREAD!

Enough said...

Comment

Better yet, maybe K&C can find their own forum...
              Boating Lake Mead since 2000

Comment

Originally posted by spyderwebb View Post

Sorry my response has been so slow but I have been on vacation in California...and my boat was back at home..

My throttle has a screw that goes underneath on that last picture.. I think that is what you were referring to, right? just doesnt have enough force to hold it into place. It is as if the teeth on the neutral locking ring is not grabing the teeth on the otherside of the throttle... Not sure if I am missing a piece that goese between the two. I have looked all over the boat and inside the paneling.. still haven't found anything.. anywhere I might be able to find a schematic for my throttle or one like it? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Billua View Post
                  Better yet, maybe K&C can find their own forum...
                  They need their own website man... lol.. I love their boat though... looks nice..

Comment

Throttle Assembly Loose! HELP

I have the same issue with my throttle. Have you come up with a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by stuarth View Post
                      I have the same issue with my throttle. Have you come up with a solution?
                      Still nothing man... I am pretty sure it is merely the chrome plate that needs replacing. Like the teeth are just worn down and don't seat in the other side as well anymore. We will see.. going to research and try to do it before next year I hope. For now it is dangerous for other prople to drive as you can go from foward to reverse without hitting that neutral lock position... everything works fine.. just need to get it situated better.

Comment

Working...
                      X