Anyone own an "older" Tige?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone own an "older" Tige?

I just found this site and signed up for it. I was looking through the members and the boats they own. I don't think I saw one older than a 99 on there. Does anyone run one of the earilier boats? Just curious.

I am guessing us guys would have different issues from time to time. The fact our fuel and electrical system are different might require each others experiences.

My boat is a 93 and only has 250 hours on it, so I have only had minor problems with it.

Some other questions:

What was the first year for fuel injection on the Tige's?

What was the last model year to be built in California?

What was the first year for TAPS?

Thanks

I have a 97 Pre 2000 wt, You should post a picture of you boat.

Comment

friend has a 97 and he loves it. It runs great, and looks good too!!!
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I have a 1998 2100 I with 400 hours on it. Runs great. When I bought it I purchased a carburator motor. That would be the only thing I would change. Back then I was not sure about fuel injection on marine application.

Comment

I just traded in my '92/3 2002 FSLM open bow. I had owned it for 11 years from new, and it was incredible. Over the years I only had to change an exhaust head, and Battery once. I had the annual service every year to change the water impeller and Oil change. It ran flawelessly, and brought almost as much in trade as I paid for it originally. A carbureted engine ran great, and I put on over 400 hours of heavy use. We didn't even look at another brand of boat when we updated to our new 22V. Keep it garaged, and clean it the moment you take it out of the water, and it could last forever.

Comment

I have a '96 PRE2000WT. I bought my first inboard last April and have enjoyed being a Tige owner from day one! The boat has 550 hrs and I've just finished updating the entire boat. It's as solid in construction as it is in reliability. I use it mainly for slalom with the occasional barefoot run. We wakeboard and surf behind my friends 02 X-Star. I'll try to post my first pics tomorrow. This is a great site by-the-way!
            1996 Tige Pre2000WT

Comment

tease, tease, tease...c'mon with some pictures!
              We have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us.

Comment

We wipe it down as soon as it comes out of the water. We have to, we run the boat on the Illinois river quite a bit, which is pretty dirty.

I don't mind the carburetor too much. I drag race an old car with a carbureted engine, so I get plenty of practice at tuning.

I bought my boat off the original owner two years ago with 150 hours on it. He is a USAF pilot and bought it when stationed in California, then moved to Florida, then to Wichita KS, which is where I bought it from. I could tell by talking to him he was super anal, the boat is in great shape.

Anyway, I will try to get some pictures scrounged up.

I would love to go to a reunion if there was one anywhere in the North Central US. Texas is a hell of a tow for me.

Comment

Here is the picture of my boat. It's a '96 PRE2000WT. I bought it from the original owner a year ago with 512 hrs and it now has 554 hrs. He was extremely particular about his boat as am I. Since I bought the boat I have added a depth finder, stereo system, replaced the brakes, and repainted the trailer.
                  1996 Tige Pre2000WT

Comment

96pre2000wt,

When I click that link in your post, it says I am forbidden to view. ???

I see you are from Emporia. I am from southwest Kansas, south of Dodge City in a little town called Ashland. I am guessing you have skied Pamona Lake? I have met up with a friend there a couple of times to ski off his Mastercraft. I like Pamona but the entire shore line is rocks.

Comment

Proud owner of a '98 Pre2200iWT. Still has less than 100 hrs on it. Looks like it did the day we bought it. TAPs system is great for slalom and tubing.
                      Attached Files

Comment

95 2002 Fslm comp

I bought this 95 2002 Fslm comp last summer with 230 hours and it is in great shape. I am a first time boat owner and have grown up behind a Malibu but my Tige' is solid.

Comment

Sorry about the link, I've attached the picture.

Seawalker - I have always skied on Melvern Lake in the past. It's just 10 miles Southwest of Pomona Lake. It's a little closer for me with a few more coves to get-away. This year will be a little different, just last week I joined the Pomona Lake Ski Club will now have access to a slalom course, jump, ski shows, and a clubhouse. It sounds like it will be well worth the membership fee!
                          Attached Files
                          1996 Tige Pre2000WT

Comment

My 97 Pre 2000 wt

Just bought it in October of 2003 only skiied behind it once, and loved it. Smooth wakes and they are even ajustable, i had a 96 Gekko GTS 20 before the Tige, really cant wait for the Wisconsin lakes to open up. ANy other Wisconsin Tige owners out there????
                            Attached Files

Comment

I fond this thread 2 year old thread and thought I would revive it. I think it is cool, no towers. I bought my 97 2150 pre-tower also. I added it later as you can see in the picture. I don't know if I even have any pics of it without the tower. Maybe the one they take of you @ the dealer, when we purchased it?

The only names I recognize are bfrank, flackpack and domslude. Where did the rest of you go?
                              Attached Files
                              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                              X