2016 RZX Drain and Audio Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 RZX Drain and Audio Issue

Bought a 2016 RZX last week and noticed three issues now that i've had it out a couple times.

Tower speakers seem like they are not getting full power and crackle for country music. They almost sound lilke low quality tweeters and no bass. Where is the cross over located for these amps and which amp goes to the tower speakers.

Bilge gets some water and I can't figure out where from yet. ITs not a concerning amount but I'm wondering if its pretty normal on these boat?

The Front of the boat storage areas don't drain when water splashes over. Iis there a drain hidden somewhere? Pics attached.

SOLVED. Remove black center cap that is in the pictures and the drain is at the center. All water drained out once i cleared that drain. As far as the audio. When its blown its blown.
    Last edited by pryorda; 05-13-2024, 09:13 PM.

My boat has little drain holes at the back of the front compartments right beside the black divider. You could easily drill your own.

i always seem to have some water in my bilge. Because of the hull shape it accumulates in the middle. I turn the bilge on while running the nose high to pump it mostly out. Never get it all.

im no help on the stereo. A 16 is slightly different than my 17

Comment

Regarding audio; The 2016 was the last year with the stainless Wet Sounds Syn-2 or the first (and only) year with the Syn-DX2. The former had the tuning controls on the end. The later had the tuning controls under the cover over the connections.

I would make sure the media unit EQ setting are not jacked. Id suggest they be set to flat.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

For the water in the bilge, I would check the shaft seal. If it's dripless, the collars may just need tightening.

Comment

I get water in the bilge from leaky sacks while filling. I moved the bilge pump to behind the trash can to get all the water out. Under the motor is not where Tige' should've placed it. If you drill a hole in the front bow area, do not drill very far down, I'm pretty confident the front of the gas tank is under there. For the Audio, I had to replace my head unit last year after experiencing the same issues you are having.

Comment

Good News if you remove that center black piece and all the screws. There is a drain in the bow that was clogged. As far as audio. They are def blown. I hooked them up in another spot and you could here all the signs of a crappy blow speaker.
            Last edited by pryorda; 05-14-2024, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X