2015 Z1 Bow Ballast Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Z1 Bow Ballast Bag

I have a 2015 Tige Z1 and the starboard bow ballast bag is leaking. I want to replace it, but Tige no longer makes bags for boats this old. WakeMakers has bow ballast tanks for sale, but they are listed for 2015-2018 Z3's. My understanding is that the Z1 and Z3 in those years shared the same hull, it was just lengthened behind the driver's seat to make it a Z3 instead of a Z1. If that is true, I would assume that the bow ballast tanks would be the same for a Z1 and the Z3. Does anyone know if this is true? I would like to get a new bow ballast tank, I just want to make sure it will work before I order it.
    Thanks.

I believe they are different. The z3 has the pro ballast option and the z1 just had the surf package. Yours will just be dual 200's and the z3 will be ~500's.

Comment

Will the ~500's fit? If they would fit, I may get both a starboard and port bag. That way I would be upgrading my ballast.... Plus, I could use a little more ballast on the starboard side for my friends that are goofy....

Comment

I'm not sure if there is any extra room for a larger bag. I would give wakemakers or mikes liquid audio a shoot and see what they recommend, lots not on the website or custom options.

Comment

I do a number 1-off custom replacement OEM sacs. If you have the sac out of the boat, I can see if I have one designed based on its dimensions and shape.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Have a 2013 Z1. It grew that year for sure. I think it had a Pro Surf option. The bow bags look like 400lbs.
            Mine are not leaking yet, but it would be helpful to know the dimensions if anyone has an idea.
            Also was thinking of replacing bow ballast with just one bag. Maybe? Only time we surf on the right is when we have a large crew to move around. The boat doesn’t seem to mind weight up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2013 Z1 with the Pro option as well -- twin 400# bags according to the brochure (vs 550# for the Z3). Both of mine are leaking. I pulled the starboard side out (not a fun process) and am going to see if Mike chpthril (sent PM) can help.

Comment

I have a 2017 Z1 and replaced all my bags eventually with the Wake Makers Z3 bags about 2 years ago (ports eventually separated from bags due to heat). The bow bags fit nicely but snug. The rear bags are really tight and you have to watch them while you fill to make sure they don’t pinch. However, they definitely make a difference on wave. As a note too, she has a very fat *** with these bags so almost any wave will
                come over the bow. Ask me how I know. I have some pics if needed. I can also get part numbers. Shoot me a PM if further info needed.

Comment

Originally posted by brentc View Post
                  I have a 2013 Z1 with the Pro option as well -- twin 400# bags according to the brochure (vs 550# for the Z3). Both of mine are leaking. I pulled the starboard side out (not a fun process) and am going to see if Mike chpthril (sent PM) can help.
                  Ive got a little downtime tomorrow and i'll get back to your PM.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

2013 Z1 had substantial check valves on the front and 1 1/8” fill and drain hoses.

Comment

chpthril any update?

Comment

Working...
                      X