Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from RZ2 to RZX2 - Worth it?

Hi all,

Ive owned a 2011 RZ2 that has treated my family very very well. A few things are starting to wear out like the Tige Touch screen, seat stitching, decals, but overall it operates great with just under 500hrs.

We surf a lot with Mike's bags in the corners and the wave is great, but I wonder if it can still hang with newer boats. A couple of things have me wondering if I should upgrade to a newer model as we would like to do wave transfers, speed up the ballast fill rate, and hopefully end up with an even bigger longer wave than my RZ2.

Ive seen a 2018 RZX2 for sale that I think I can get for a reasonable price, but im not sure if the wave is an upgrade? So far I have read some comparisons with the Z3, and complaints about ballast system failures which I dont need.

I'm not looking for a luxury interior, as the boat is used primarily for Surfing (60%), Wakeboarding (25%) Tubing (15%) and then docked.
    Do you think the '18 RZX2 is a better surf machine than my RZ2 or should I keep looking

Thanks

I'd say it would be a pretty decent upgrade. You are getting a deeper boat, way more technology and a surf system. You will likely see a pretty big upgrade in the wave as well, more displacement giving more push and length. But the only way to find out is get on the water and demo.

Comment

It's very much an upgrade. I owed a 2012 RZ2 for 8 years and then moved to a 2020 22RZX. Bigger boat, more ballast, newer surf system. I actually have my RZX for sale if you are interested. I love my boat, just need to go with a bigger size now with family getting bigger.

Comment

Working...
      X