Hull Design History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hull Design History

Good Morning, I'm currently looking for another boat. I had a 2016 MB F22 Tomcat and want something that surfs a little easier. We spent last weekend on my cousin's 2023 22RZX. What a sweet boat and great surf wave. I've been searching for some information on hull design. What year was this hull design introduced? And do the other models have the same hull? I would like to stay in a 22ft to 23ft boat to fit in my garage. TIA and happy remainder of the season!

Originally posted by Native_Wakesufer View Post
    Good Morning, I'm currently looking for another boat. I had a 2016 MB F22 Tomcat and want something that surfs a little easier. We spent last weekend on my cousin's 2023 22RZX. What a sweet boat and great surf wave. I've been searching for some information on hull design. What year was this hull design introduced? And do the other models have the same hull? I would like to stay in a 22ft to 23ft boat to fit in my garage. TIA and happy remainder of the season!
    Someone will probably correct me, and I could be wrong, but top of my head, I think the RZX hull has been the same since 2016, which was a 23’ boat, I believe 2017 came a 22’ and 23’ version of the RZX line, which was RZX2 and RZX3, then they changed the branding to a 22RZX in maybe like 2020 or 2021. The surf tab and actuator systems changed throughout the years, and I don’t know off the top of my head which changes were which years, so I’m sure the wave varies from year to year dependent on which surf system is on the boat. I think the newest surf system came out in like 2020, and 2018-2019 was the previous system with the GSA plates.

I’m sure there were some changes from 2020-2023, but I think anything in that range would be pretty comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In 2022 the RZX line was completely changed, as in new hull, deck and interior. The new 22RZX is longer and deeper than the old one, the new 22RZX is now 22.5'. The old 23RZX grew in all areas and became the new 24RZX and is 24.5' long.

Comment

Well, don’t listen to me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A new B52 is basically the top boat on my list for surfing. I would say it's as good or better then brand new G23 etc..

I haven't surfed a new RZX, but honestly all new boats surf well.
          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thanks for input everyone!

Comment

Duffy, that's an interesting opinion. Care to elaborate on it at all? The B52 Classic or Alpha? Which boat length? I assume you surfed it. Did you use stock ballast or lots of lead? What made the wave stand out to you so much? Thanks.

Comment

The B52 I have been on is a 2022 B52 23'. Stock ballast, wave is great! Lots of push, the boat is well designed and laid out. The only thing it needs is a wave flap.
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Working...
                X